Festival Number 6 - Portmeirion, Wales

Kowalski

Pretty average line-up IMHO. Looks like this festival may have shot its bolt last year.

didn't you think it was a pretty weak line-up last year too? :blink:

I personally don't think this year is too much different on what's announced so far.

All the same I suspect that the bigger players might have made some efforts to limit what's available to them this year, because it made a big impact last year.

I personally don't think this year is too much different on what's announced so far.

All the same I suspect that the bigger players might have made some efforts to limit what's available to them this year, because it made a big impact last year.

Was quite impressed with the lineup last year, and subsequent reviews, personally. Was hoping to check out this year's but with the vast price increase; I'm not so sure.

Oh and also, I'm calling Suede for the next headliner.

Edited by dentalplan

Was quite impressed with the lineup last year, and subsequent reviews, personally. Was hoping to check out this year's but with the vast price increase; I'm not so sure.

Manics are a bit of a coup, especially for a welsh festival. The other headliners could well make it worthwhile.

Well, it just so happened that last years headliners were all right up my street, and there were some decent things on the undercard too.

I'd also had Suede in mind as a candidate. But Suede and the Manics, not sure. Last the year headliners were of a distinctly dance affiliated breed. I'd imagine on the whole they'll try and go for something similar this year. Manics will go down a storm though.

I'd recommend the festival if you can find a few acts per day to keep yourself occupied. Portmerrion itself is amazing. The late night entertainment is good. And the fest is generally well run and has a friendly atmosphere.

One thing that let down the headliners last year was that New Order & Primal Scream seemed to be playing everywhere. Perhaps they've realised this & gone for exclusives this year?

That said I could see Paul Weller perhaps...It would be a coup if they could get Chemical Brothers (or someone similar) on an exclusive though.

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

I'd also had Suede in mind as a candidate. But Suede and the Manics, not sure. Last the year headliners were of a distinctly dance affiliated breed. I'd imagine on the whole they'll try and go for something similar this year. Manics will go down a storm though.

I'd recommend the festival if you can find a few acts per day to keep yourself occupied. Portmerrion itself is amazing. The late night entertainment is good. And the fest is generally well run and has a friendly atmosphere.

Cheers. I looked at pictures and read the eFests review of it after the festival and it sounded great and looked extraordinary, described like more of a holiday than a festival - which is obviously a bit unusual for someone who has grown up going to Leeds fest. I'll probably still try and go because as a 'boutique' festival it's a damn sight more accessible than Bestival.

Edited by dentalplan

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Chic were pretty grim at Parklife last year. Admittedly, Parklife was a grim festival all-round. It was an insipid run through of songs that Nile Rodgers produced or played on. So you got a backing singer doing Madonna. I suppose it could have been good done with humility but Rodgers kept banging on about how they weren't a cover band and how great his legacy was.

So are them and James Blake the headliners? Or are there more to come?

Edited by Declan

• 1 month later...

I think this year's line-up so far isn't too interesting for me. I'm glad I knew it last year and traveled to this festival because I'm not sure I would be able to afford the expense for this kind of bands they're having now. Anyway, for the people going there, try to see Daughter, there were one of the best acts at Primavera Sound.

• 2 weeks later...

MBV are playing TITP as well...

Headlining exclusive maybe, but not festival exclusive - despite what the FNo6 website says.

A couple of cool additions, Public Service Broadcasting added.

Yeah, gonna have to work this out I think

Titp isnt in england or wales last time I looked. Edited by thetime

Yeah, I checked the eFests story after I saw your first post.

FNo6 must have put that in the press release, but it's not mentioned on the website... just 'festival exclusive' - right next to MBV, like it has next to the Manics (Who, actually are a festival exclusive as far as I can tell)

Regardless, doesn't retract from it.

Good announcement, festival looks great... A conversation with Guy Garvey too, sounds pretty cool.

Trying to figure out a travel plan right now.