Festival Number 6 - Portmeirion, Wales

Kowalski

Anyone know anything about this?

We would like to invite you, your friends, family and eccentric side to experience and enchanted 'Time Outside Time', admist the most remarkable festival site we have ever seen. We welcome guests to what will be a bespoke banquet of music, arts and entertainment over the weekend of September 14th - 16th in Portmeirion Wales; Also known as the location of the cult TV series, 'The Prisoner'.

http://www.festivalnumber6.com/

http://www.facebook.com/festivalnumber6

Where's all the drama gone from lunch time ?

Has some one had a brown pants moment!

#stiringthepot

Nope, I stand by every word that was posted. :)

Those posts were removed for two reasons.

Firstly, because of their names being included in the press releases when they shouldn't have been (because they're not involved in no6, despite what the press release said)), some festival organisations were being wrongly associated with both the festival itself and with the organisers of that festival. I'm very happy to remove those so they're not wrongly associated.

And secondly, what was posted in this thread caused a particular party to get in touch and say that he wished to resolve the matter (about bleeding time ;)), so for the moment I've taken that in good faith and hidden the posts in the hope that things will get resolved. If things don't pan out as said then those posts will be restored, because there's absolutely nothing libellous within them.

</subject over>

Good lineup, interesting location. There the attracation ends for me. Any festival that mentions police searches, doesn't allow drinks to be taken into the arena and haven't even decided if they're going to put a limit on how much you can take is a no no for me.

Good lineup, interesting location. There the attracation ends for me. Any festival that mentions police searches, doesn't allow drinks to be taken into the arena and haven't even decided if they're going to put a limit on how much you can take is a no no for me.

Most festivals don't allow drinks to be taken in & I'm pretty sure random police searches are a must at any festival these days...

Most festivals don't allow drinks to be taken in

I'll stick to the ones that do then. Going to one in just a few weeks in fact. :wink:

Lots of festivals might not mention it, but I'll be surprised if there's any festival in the country which is allowed to refuse the police the right to search attendees.

I'm sure. But to specifically mention it on their site as a condition of entry rather than just saying don't bring illegal stuff seems a bit OTT. In fact, the general feel of their website puts me off really. A bit upmarket for riff raff like me.

And secondly, what was posted in this thread caused a particular party to get in touch and say that he wished to resolve the matter (about bleeding time ;)), so for the moment I've taken that in good faith and hidden the posts in the hope that things will get resolved. If things don't pan out as said then those posts will be restored, because there's absolutely nothing libellous within them.

</subject over>

these matters with Outgoing Ltd have been satisfactorily resolved, and things can now move forwards happily. :)

I'm left wondering why it wasn't sorted out many many years before now given how easily and nicely it has now been sorted, but I guess I'll never know. :lol:

Onwards and upwards. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

One of the most attractive line-up of the year for me.

Looking forward to see Richard Hawley, Primal Scream, British Sea Power, Death in Vegas, King Creosote and to discover the area. Is it easily reachable by train/bus?

Thank you, Following your advice, I've had a look at the travel part of the website and they say: "We will be running a regular shuttle service from Bangor Train Station to make it as simple as possible for you to get to the festival.", which looks not too bad and probably cheaper as a taxi. I need to find an acceptable way to reach Bangor from south of France now (yes, that'd go with plane and train). I should probably take 2-3 days to visit some places around the area, any cities with connexion to Bangor to recommand?

• Upvote 1

All major London-Holyhead trains stop at Bangor and take around 3.5 hours if you get the direct train. Caernarfon is lovely with its castle and beaumaris is just over the Menai Strait on the Isle of Anglesey with a medieval gaol and tiny town centre. Depends what you like.. Back in England Chester is worth a look on the way back it's a sweet little walled Tudor city with heritage, shopping etc