Dream Headliners

Guest OneTwo

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You trying to be an arse?

How many bands have the original cast then, most kick out tony who cant play guitar when he was 15 or bob left to work in insurance. Prime example would be ian stewart of the rolling stones who left in 1963 to be there road manager, now you wouldnt count him as an original member.

Slash. Did. Fuck. All.

Guns n Roses, if we're being totally honest, was all about Axl and Izzy. Slash brought some meandering solo's and a top hat.

People who say "it's not GnR without Slash are idiots".

Maybe saying he did fuck all was harsh. But i have no idea why people forget Izzy. He was a far more important member of the band than Slash.

Slash. Did. Fuck. All.

Guns n Roses, if we're being totally honest, was all about Axl and Izzy. Slash brought some meandering solo's and a top hat.

People who say "it's not GnR without Slash are idiots".

Maybe saying he did fuck all was harsh. But i have no idea why people forget Izzy. He was a far more important member of the band than Slash.

Edited by Dan R

Do you think?

I saw both in 2010 and definitely preferred the current GnR lineup. I didn't miss any of the other original musicians when I saw GnR, but when I saw Slash I couldn't help but think how much I wished Axl was there. Plus I found his solo effort to be really rather tedious. Not much to it at all. I found myself bored until they played something by GnR, or Velvet Revolver.

I feel like i'm coming across anti-Slash now... i'm really not though.

I was really disappointed by GnR in 2010, had seen them a few yers before and Axl's performance was so much better first time. I ended up leaving after an hour so it may have picked up, but what i saw felt really forced and Axl just seemed like a bit of a douche, not a legendary frontman. Whereas both times I saw Slash'n Co seemed full of energy, really seemed to be enjoying themselves and Myles Kennedy was a just a better frontman.

Maybe I just don't like him after he turned up an hour and half late to the first show, making me have to find somewhere to stay in Newcastle because the last train was the same time they started.