Dream Headliners

Guest OneTwo

I have thought about all these!! (apart from Talking Heads... Because they are w*nk) and the acts that I'm sadly missing would be stuff like Clash, The Who, Green Day, Ramones, even acts like Dylan or Springsteen would have been a laugh! Hahaaa

fuck me, you either need a hearing test or to see a trick cyclist.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RUDE!!!! I'm 99% sure it's the same band that I'm thinking of, I just find them pretty uninspiring to be honest. They seemed to me like a bit of a budget version of Devo?

Not a big fan of 80's music anyway

1. they're the most creative band of the last 40 years, and have a bigger influence on all the western music that came after than any other single act

2. Devo were mono-talented in comparison.

3. they're a 70's band.

4. you seem to have quite a liking for 80s bands in those you name as your preference.

5. have you actually heard any Talking Heads apart from the famous and very poor singles?

Edited by eFestivals

1. they're the most creative band of the last 40 years, and have a bigger influence on all the western music that came after than any other single act

3. they're a 70's band.

4. you seem to have quite a liking for 80s bands in those you name as your preference.

5. have you actually heard any Talking Heads apart from the famous and very poor singles?

3. they're a 70's band.

I listened to Once in A Lifetime which I found to be slightly above standard typical 80's synth pop. I didn't bother going into the back catalogue as it sounded like something I'd hear on Viking FM sat in my Aunties car.

Once in a lifetime is mid-70s, not 80s - so if it sounds like typical 80s synth pop to you, that gets to mean they can take credit in your mind for creating that sound.

I'd say it's nothing like 80s synth pop myself, but I'd also say it's a long way from being one of their best songs, and it's the worst track on the album it's from by a VERY long way.

If you'd bothered going into the back catalogue that you admit that you haven't, you'd be able to put away the very ignorant idea you have from zero knowledge that it sounds like anything from Viking FM.

But of course you're 100% right when talking from the angle of ignorance and stupidity. :)

Ps. The vast majority of their singles were released in the 80's, so I could surely argue that they're an 80's band

It's hardly surprising that a band whose existence was more in the 80s than any other decade would have released most of their stuff in the 80s. But their best stuff is from the 70s, and all the singles are gash, their worst output.

Talking of which, I bet you can name just two or three. ;)

It's hardly surprising that a band whose existence was more in the 80s than any other decade would have released most of their stuff in the 80s. But their best stuff is from the 70s, and all the singles are gash, their worst output.

Talking of which, I bet you can name just two or three. ;)

I've only listened to Phsycho Killer and Once In A Lifetime. And I'm not making crazy judgments about the 80's thing, Wikipedia told me it was from 1981! Hahaha

If you reccomend me what you consider to be their best few tracks to listen to then I might be able to form a better opinion.

I agree with what you're saying about moulding that sound as I believe Joy Divisions sound (drumming in particular) is quite reminiscent of the 80's, but synths aren't a sound I particulary enjoy so I wouldn't really hail someone for pushing that into the mainstream