Dream Headliners

Guest OneTwo

Im starting this topic based on the debate going on in the 2013 thread, whether Daft Punk could headliner R&L, for me they would be one of my 'Dream Headliners' so going by that i'd like to know what people would consider as there dream headliners.

Mine would be any of Daft Punk, The Smiths, The Verve, Beastie Boys, The Rolling Stones, Slipknot.

Who would you love to see headline.

Edited by OneTwo

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arctic Monkeys, Green Day, Arcade Fire, The Smiths, Blur, Pearl Jam, Tom Petty, New Order, Sigur Ros, Franz Ferdinand, Libertines, Smashing Pumpkins and Tom Waits.

Although out of that list about 5 have any realistic probability of playing.

Also Foo Fighters and the Cure are pretty perfect for me.

Edited by rug568

In terms of the ones that are still somewhat possible.

The Cure - YES, YES, YES!!!!

The Kinks - It'll just be Ray & Dave, bit it'd be worth it. It needs to be done at least once before it's too late.

The Libertines - Think they should have headlined last time. But give it another few years they'd be bonafide headliners.

Neil Young - Glastonbury 2009 looked utterly astounding.

Nine Inch Nails - Probably the best set in Reading history. When Trent decides to come back to a NIN tour, they would be a perfect Reading headliner.

Pixies - What else needs to be said.

Scissor Sisters - Fuck you they're good.

The Smashing Pumpkins - Original Line-up, Original songs, maybe with the new line-up supporting ha

Sonic Youth - Come back please. Please come back.

Soundgarden - JESUS CHRIIIIIST POOOOSSSEEE!

Tom Waits - Genius. The man is a genius.

Also.... I want David Lynch to tour his album. He'd be amazing.

Realistic headliners that I have not seen would be Muse, Blur and Linkin Park. In an absolute dream world then Led Zeppelin and then you could stick Bieber and One Direction on the other two nights for all I care!

I have been fortunate enough to see most acts that I want to over the last 13 or so years and I will finally get to see The Cure, The Boss and Pearl Jam this summer.

Edited by BTK1609

Green Day, Linkin Park, Slipknot, Arcade Fire, Nickelback, Pendulum (would love to see them do a headline set), Eminem.

Any 3 out of those would be insane for me.

I would've put Avenged Sevenfold but don't think they are quite at headline material yet.

Green Day, Linkin Park, Slipknot, Arcade Fire, Nickelback, Pendulum (would love to see them do a headline set), Eminem.

Any 3 out of those would be insane for me.

I would've put Avenged Sevenfold but don't think they are quite at headline material yet.

Pixies would be the top of my list, one of my all time favourite bands, it pains me that I've never seen them. I saw Pulp and The Smashing Pumpkins headline, so two of my dream headliners already ticked off the list and another will be ticked off after I see The Cure this summer. Sonic Youth or Morrissey would be amazing, but I don't see them being booked as headliners in this day and age. Really wanted to see R.E.M. headline at some point, but they had to go and split up which was a really big shame for me. I think if we're looking at it realistically, Kanye West will be the best headliner I'll get out of Leeds now, he's the only one out of my dream acts that I can see being a big draw now.

If i had to pick three bands it would be...

The Smashing Pumpkins (Original Line-Up) - Can't ever see it happening. They all hate each other. Billy's ego is to far up his own arse, Iha knows it is so he is just staying away. D'arcy is a farmgirl crackhead and looks like Jimmy has had enough of Billy too... :( But to see them play again together could just never happen.

Arcade Fire - Never have I seen a band play with such energy, missed them at Reading 10 which I still haven't forgave myself for. There is no band around nowadays that can even compare to the music they create.

Ride - Personally I believe these guys never got the recongition they deserved. Can't see this happening for obvious reasons, If a reformation ever did happen I could imagine them headlining NME but being top of the bill main stage is just complete dreaming! They did sub-headline in 92 and I advise that you should check out the live album they released of that show.

As DREAM headliners, people saying Arcade Fire and Arctic Monkeys aren't dreaming very far from reality! Hahaa

Led Zep/Rolling Stones/The Who/Bowie - for a classic night

Blur/Oasis/Pixies/Smashing Pumpkins/RHCP - nostalgia night

Daft Punk/Green Day/Libertines - modern night

But obviously I'd be over the moon with Arctic Monkeys, Radiohead, Kings of Leon, Foo's, etc etc