Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest cornucopia

Jim Marshall Stage

13 posts in this topic

With the sad news that Jim Marshall has passed away I feel it would be a fitting tribute for one of the stages to be named after him, for good. He did so much for the world of music.

It would have to be main stage, all the others have sponsors

I think that would be a truly fitting tribute. Just think about it, probably most if not all of the acts that we will be seeing at download this year have or have had a marshall amp at some point!

Absolutely, main stage would be the most fitting anyway. Would they do this though?

I don't think the artists would have a problem with it, that's for sure. I think download would consider it if it was brought to their attention!

'Jim Marshall Main Stage' has a nice ring to it......

Well they named the main and second stages after maurice jones and dio in 2010 so its definitely not out of the question, would be a nice tribute imo

they could have a massive Marshall curtain they drop over the stage between sets, so the main stage just looks like a massive marshall amp.

not likely, but the passing of JM is a big deal. Marshall are as important to rock and roll as gibson, fender and rickenbacker.

Andy has tweeted about his passing today

. . . . but the passing of JM is a big deal. Marshall are as important to rock and roll as gibson, fender and rickenbacker.

They could have a massive Marshall curtain they drop over the stage between sets, so the main stage just looks like a massive marshall amp.

Another great British pioneer who changed the face of live/loud music,

It's offical, Download have stated the Main Stage will be dedicated to Jim Marshall. A no brainer really but also a really fitting tribute to Jim Marshall OBE

I agree, I'm looking forward to seeing what they have come up with.