Stage Splits and 'Special Guests'

Guest kirst201

I'm getting a bit confused with the line-up...

Will Mumford/Ed Sheeran, Deadmau5/Justice and Biffy/Friendly Fires be headlining different stages at the same time?

And what do they mean by special guests? Biffy and Tim Minchin better not clash or I'll sell my ticket!

line-723x1024.jpg

Tim Minchin will be mid afternoon. IIRC, Kevin Bridges was on around 3ish in the afternoon so there's no worries about him clashing with Biffy Clyro. Plus, I think when the line-up was first announced, it seemed like Justice will be subbing Deadmau5 on the mainstage so I reckon that the others are the same.

Friendly Fires aren't a headlining act anyway and if I'm wrong and they are headlining on the Sunday then that, I'm afraid, will be pish. Got a funny feeling I'm not though so I ain't worried. Same goes with Ed Sheeran, if he's a headliner I'll eat my hat and possibly my ticket. He's fu*king dire.

Logically for me Rockness would keep their usual indie day and dance day so would have Ed Sheeran subbing Mumford and Sons, then Justice subbing Deadmau5 and Friendly Fires on before Biffy Clyro. However it seems odd the way they have done it so those may clash, hopefully not(it would also leave space for some biggish hitters :))

Time Minchin will be in the Clash tent mid afternoon like Kevin Bridges did.

Logically for me Rockness would keep their usual indie day and dance day so would have Ed Sheeran subbing Mumford and Sons, then Justice subbing Deadmau5 and Friendly Fires on before Biffy Clyro. However it seems odd the way they have done it so those may clash, hopefully not(it would also leave space for some biggish hitters :))

Time Minchin will be in the Clash tent mid afternoon like Kevin Bridges did.

They usually seem to split the main/arena stage each day by indie/ dance acts so imagine itll be..

FRIDAY

Main Stage - Mumford + Ed Sheeran

Arena - ??

SATURDAY

Main Stage - Deadmau5 + Justice

Arena - The View + TBC

SUNDAY

Main Stage - Biffy + TBC

Arena - Friendly Fires + Metronomy/Mylo

As mentioned above, Justice will defo be in the tent cos they would need darkness for their light show to be effective, it wouldn't work if they were on before Deadmau5.

Couldn't care less if they clash though cos i aint interested in seeing either of them. Soma or Sub Club for me.

• 5 weeks later...

I may be speculating too much here but on the updated lineup poster, the font size of Ed Sheeran and Friendly Fires are smaller than Justice which is the same size as the 3 main headliners. I have a really strong feeling that Ed Sheeran will sub Mumford & Sons and that Friendly Fires will sub Biffy on the main, which frees up 2 tent headlining slots for dance acts, obviously Justice would be the 3rd tent headliner. Surely they wouldn't make the majority of people choose between M&S and Ed Sheeran...

I may be speculating too much here but on the updated lineup poster, the font size of Ed Sheeran and Friendly Fires are smaller than Justice which is the same size as the 3 main headliners. I have a really strong feeling that Ed Sheeran will sub Mumford & Sons and that Friendly Fires will sub Biffy on the main, which frees up 2 tent headlining slots for dance acts, obviously Justice would be the 3rd tent headliner. Surely they wouldn't make the majority of people choose between M&S and Ed Sheeran...