Festival Search

eFestivals Camping Store

Recent Topics

Photo

the big news?

after sonisphere

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
76 replies to this topic

#61 deano222

deano222

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:10 AM

The big news will be Reading and Leeds turning into a 4 day festival ala European festivals and they are going to make a day out of sonisphere acts.
Kiss
Queen
Faith no more
Evanescence
Marilyn manson
Feeder
Incubus
The Darkness

#62 kev1664

kev1664

staying out for the summer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,757 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:04 AM

The big news will be Reading and Leeds turning into a 4 day festival ala European festivals and they are going to make a day out of sonisphere acts.
Kiss
Queen
Faith no more
Evanescence
Marilyn manson
Feeder
Incubus
The Darkness

As long as evanescence don't play I would take that. However it would only work if they split out the acts, neither of them would be able to extend to the Monday I doubt, Thursday would therefore become the start day of the music and bands can't be in two places at once.

Plus it would be difficult to get the noise licence for a working day at both venues really, especially reading.

#63 Andre91

Andre91

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:33 AM

Really hope the news is Reading & Leeds is going to be a 4 day event made up of the Soni acts, but I'm most probably living in dream world though :P

Kiss
Faith No More
Marilyn Manson
Cypress Hill
The Darkness
Andrew WK
Skindred
The Blackout
Flogging Molly

This would make me very happy!

Edited by Andre91, 31 March 2012 - 09:34 AM.

#64 Will-2609

Will-2609

lives in a field

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,707 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:44 AM

That would be awesome, but R+L would make no extra money from it, and therefore it wouldn't be feasible :(

#65 Andre91

Andre91

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:03 AM

Ah I didn't think of them not making any extra money :/ they have increased the capacity this year haven't they? If they sold out all tickets could that maybe cover the costs of booking an extra day?

#66 gazza_20

gazza_20

lives in a field

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,361 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:08 AM

So they might not want to do there own tour at all in the UK? :S

no not at all, that date didn't mean that they wouldn't, just to co-incide with. and nfg have already done their own tour as what was with sum 41 originally

#67 mrtourette

mrtourette

purple monkey dishwasher

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,253 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:29 AM

They wouldn't get the license. It's a no-goer from the start.

#68 rug568

rug568

AWESOM-O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:18 PM

I don't see why people would even consider this.

#69 scottguesty

scottguesty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:52 AM

It's not X-Factor it's American Idol and he didn't win it, perfect choice to replace Freddie really. :ph34r:

Personally I would of loved to see Eugene Hütz from Gogol Bordello play with them, I always seem to describe him as the love child of Freddie & Borat to people.

Eric Nally from foxy shazam would be a good candidate, certainly better than Adam Lambert in my opinion

#70 craigb

craigb

God like Genius

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:20 AM

So did this "big news" just pass by? What happened to it? Is it still to come, Neil?

#71 the_hedge

the_hedge

You sexy little swine !!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:21 AM

I would imagine the "big news" will have something to do with the festival industry as a whole. Probably something to do with the people/companies behind running the big festivals in the UK. The cancellation of Sonisphere and the fact that Glasto nearly made a massive loss will have affects further down the line. This is purely speculation from me though.

#72 jump

jump

"That's what I said"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,472 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:24 AM

I remember Tharsh Hits also said there was more to Soni being cancelled but they weren't allowed to say why.

My money is on the ghost of Freddie tried to kill Adam Lambert but they don't want to say it as no one would believe them!?!

Edited by jump, 04 April 2012 - 11:27 AM.

#73 chriseede

chriseede

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:32 AM

I would imagine the "big news" will have something to do with the festival industry as a whole. Probably something to do with the people/companies behind running the big festivals in the UK. The cancellation of Sonisphere and the fact that Glasto nearly made a massive loss will have affects further down the line. This is purely speculation from me though.

Wasn't that the year that Jay-Z headlined because tickets didn't sell out until the last minute?
I don't remember seeing anything about them nearly making a big loss last year.

#74 the_hedge

the_hedge

You sexy little swine !!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:49 PM

Wasn't that the year that Jay-Z headlined because tickets didn't sell out until the last minute?
I don't remember seeing anything about them nearly making a big loss last year.

I'm pretty sure it was the Jay Z year. I know it got quite close that year to them losing a shit load of cash. Not sure it would have made them bankrupt but if Glasto is having cash issues you know the festival industry is in a bit of trouble.

#75 LondonTom

LondonTom

Raging Alcoholic

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,629 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:18 PM

I'm pretty sure it was the Jay Z year. I know it got quite close that year to them losing a shit load of cash. Not sure it would have made them bankrupt but if Glasto is having cash issues you know the festival industry is in a bit of trouble.

Yeah but that was because they done the financials based on having a sell out every year, apparently now Eavis has reigned spending in a bit (To what level we don't know.), I don't think it will be as serious as everything going under but can see another bigish one going under.

Edited by LondonTom, 04 April 2012 - 02:19 PM.

#76 the_hedge

the_hedge

You sexy little swine !!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:50 PM

Yeah but that was because they done the financials based on having a sell out every year, apparently now Eavis has reigned spending in a bit (To what level we don't know.), I don't think it will be as serious as everything going under but can see another bigish one going under.

I don't think they will ALL go under but I bet some of them have had a tough couple of years and some tough decisions will have to be made going forward. It's difficult for festivals at the moment. I'm pretty sure some of them spend way more than they should on the headliners but if they don't they have trouble selling tickets.

It's catch 22.

#77 LondonTom

LondonTom

Raging Alcoholic

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,629 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:24 PM

I don't think they will ALL go under but I bet some of them have had a tough couple of years and some tough decisions will have to be made going forward. It's difficult for festivals at the moment. I'm pretty sure some of them spend way more than they should on the headliners but if they don't they have trouble selling tickets.

It's catch 22.

yeah not sure why I put the all thing really :S, had to quickly finish off as i had to actually do some work (pfft expecting me to do things while being paid!) I am sure i was making a better point about that :S