turning a concern into a crisis

Guest eFestivals

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still, it doesn't really concern me, as I don't buy petrol or diesel any more. But I am pissed off, because the cost of fuel for my van has recently reached the astronomical price of 74pence a litre. :P

Edited by grumpyhack

If you don't 'buy' petrol or diesel any more for your van I hope you don't syphon it out of other people's vehicles! :sarcastic:

Nah .... I had my van converted to LPG a year ago .... it was a costly outlay of about £1k, but one which has now paid for itself with what I've paid in fuel, plus the van is now worth an extra amount of around the cost of the conversion because it costs half the price to run compared to petrol.

It's changed a van that I felt hesitant to drive because of the fuel costs (it only does around 20mpg) into something I'm happy to drive at any time, and it actually costs me less in fuel than the car it replaced when I bought it. And on top all that, it's a far greener fuel.

It's one of the smartest things I've ever done I reckon. :)

Some spectacular queues for the garage at the end of the road today ! Similar at most others that are still open locally apparently. Must have been getting on for the best part of a mile in 1 direction, causing no end of problems with traffic backed up all over the place so needing Police and numerous others in hi-viz jackets desperately trying to keep something moving and stop the barstewards from blocking other roads and exits just in case, god forbid, someone should try to nip in front them :rolleyes: Apparently the queue time is at least 1 hour at the mo and was significantly longer than that earlier on.

But no well dodgy German driving providing some additional entertainment as there was at a different location yesterday :lol: BTW, it was indeed the big "D" and German plates on the rear of the vehicle that gave the game away yesterday although I'm sorely tempted to suggest that said "D" should have been located elsewhere and all the morons various panicking should probably be marked in the very same way for that matter:

dunce.gif

The stupid, selfish and sheep-like mentality of by far the majority of drivers never ceases to amaze (and quite often amuse) me !

Edited by mikeb

It's not quite that simple though is it?

Yeah, the general public as a whole are being stupid but it's hard to make the same argument about individuals.

As an individual you see that most of the local garages have run out of fuel and think that you better not let your tank get too empty because filling up might not be as simple as just rolling up to the garage like you normally do. So when you see a garage with fuel and you have less than say half a tank left, you fill up so that you don't have to worry about it for however long a full tank lasts you.

I suspect that everyone knows that their behaviour on mass is the only thing that's causing the problem, but that doesn't change they as individuals aren't going to be able to freely buy fuel over the next few days.

Call them sheep all you want but filling up your tank ensures that you can go about your normal daily life for the next week or so, not filling up puts a question mark over it.

Bit of a catch 22 situation.