turning a concern into a crisis

Guest eFestivals

You've got to admire this govt, they're starting to make Gordon Brown look like a master of public relations - despite Dave Moron's only real job being as a PR man*. :lol:

(*tho the company he worked for went tits up, which shows where this country is heading under his 'leadership').

With no tanker driver's strike imminent, they've managed to cause as much chaos as any strike is likely to do.

Still, it doesn't really concern me, as I don't buy petrol or diesel any more. But I am pissed off, because the cost of fuel for my van has recently reached the astronomical price of 74pence a litre. :P

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 petrol stations in my town, one is closed off already and the other has only got limited amount of diesel.

Waited ages to stick in the £20 I need for this weekend for work, while everyone filled their tanks.. great!

the most laughable thing about this is that everyone who is rushing to fill up will need to fill up again long before there's any strike.

It's giving none of them any benefit, but they're still doing it like the bunch of unthinking mindless sheep that they are.

It's no wonder that this country is going down the pan when it's inhabited mostly by morons.

People should be protesting about the constant rises in the cost of the stuff... and I noticed the garage near me put theirs up again by about 2p per litre just in time for the 'rush'.

One of Osama Bin Laden's major aims with Al Qaeda was to get the oil price to $100 a barrel.

Rupert Murdoch urged the USA and the UK to invade Iraq, claiming it would bring the oil price back down to $20 a barrel.

I wonder who won that little war? :lol:

I think the government propose to use army and RAF HGV drivers to cover any strike anyway.

they do, but they'll succeed in covering only about 20% of the normal supply, and much of that will be directed to "essential users" - hospitals and the like.

It might mean that the problems won't be as severe as they were with the 'fuel strike' in 2000, but only marginally. And back then we got to about just a week away from there being food riots, which would be the almost complete breakdown of normal society.

So it's going to be ... erm .... interesting.

they do, but they'll succeed in covering only about 20% of the normal supply, and much of that will be directed to "essential users" - hospitals and the like.

It might mean that the problems won't be as severe as they were with the 'fuel strike' in 2000, but only marginally. And back then we got to about just a week away from there being food riots, which would be the almost complete breakdown of normal society.

So it's going to be ... erm .... interesting.

the most laughable thing about this is that everyone who is rushing to fill up will need to fill up again long before there's any strike.

It's giving none of them any benefit, but they're still doing it like the bunch of unthinking mindless sheep that they are.

It's no wonder that this country is going down the pan when it's inhabited mostly by morons.

Just looking out my window right now. Yeloow car, blue car, yellow car, silver car, red van, white car, white van, silver bus, red car, white bus, black taxi, blue truck, blue car, green bus, silver car, black car, white van, white van, silver car, silver car, white car, black car, green bus, red car, green car, bkacj car, silver car, blue car, red car, red car, red car, red car, silver car, brown car, black car, white van, yellow truck, white van, black car, red car, white van, silver car, blue car, black car, red car, red truck, blue car, silver car.

It's not quite that simple though is it?

Yeah, the general public as a whole are being stupid but it's hard to make the same argument about individuals.

As an individual you see that most of the local garages have run out of fuel and think that you better not let your tank get too empty because filling up might not be as simple as just rolling up to the garage like you normally do. So when you see a garage with fuel and you have less than say half a tank left, you fill up so that you don't have to worry about it for however long a full tank lasts you.

I suspect that everyone knows that their behaviour on mass is the only thing that's causing the problem, but that doesn't change they as individuals aren't going to be able to freely buy fuel over the next few days.

Call them sheep all you want but filling up your tank ensures that you can go about your normal daily life for the next week or so, not filling up puts a question mark over it.

Bit of a catch 22 situation.

Just looking out my window right now. Yeloow car, blue car, yellow car, silver car, red van, white car, white van, silver bus, red car, white bus, black taxi, blue truck, blue car, green bus, silver car, black car, white van, white van, silver car, silver car, white car, black car, green bus, red car, green car, bkacj car, silver car, blue car, red car, red car, red car, red car, silver car, brown car, black car, white van, yellow truck, white van, black car, red car, white van, silver car, blue car, black car, red car, red truck, blue car, silver car.