SONISPHERE(KNEBWORTH) 2012 CANCELLED!

Guest Go_Go_Tonymon

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really dissapointed with this news. I wasn't going to Sonisphere but I went last year and really enjoyed it. Very well run festival and excellent family campaing facilities right next to the car park and a managable walk to the arena.

It has always been in the back of my mind if 2 Metal festivals could keep going with the limited acts available. You always felt one was going to go under :(

Freddie Mercury is actually still alive

and all sonispheres before were just build up for Queen to be announced and for their name to be back out in the open and at the front of peoples minds.... before the Huge news gets announced

or its something else.... who knows

Could you at least just confirm that Glastonbury will be fine and then leave it at that? I just want to be able to go about my day!

I'd love to .... but then everyone will expect the same about other festivals, and sooner or later I'm squeezed into a corner. ;)

But I'll make an exception for just this one - I WILL ignore all further requests along similar lines.

Glastonbury is fine. :)

Potentially not happening?

have a word kip. its cancelled.

make sure you remind all of the people on the official boards of how wrong efests was when Neil claimed that the festival could "potentially not happen", and how they all basically slagged off anyone who had anything negative to say about the "massive ticket shifting headliners".

and enjoy Download fella, its gonna be a belter. even moreso next year when the bands aren't in quite as short supply.

The "potentially not happening" was in reference to future Sonisphere Uk events, not for this year

Yep, that's what I was saying when I said it .... BUT ......

I was saying that I suspected that this year would be such a major fail that it would cause next year's to not happen - so I was actually spot on from one angle.

And knowing what I do that was still the most likely outcome until just a few days ago. It wasn't particularly the poor sales that killed it.