To me this seems a great alternative for Tomorrowland (probably with better weather too):

12-15 July, Zamardi, Lake Balaton, Hungary

2011 after-movie: -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqOFrwc9Qgg-

2012 line-up: Björk, David Guetta, Paul Kalkbrenner, Carl Cox, Avicii, Steve Angello, Example, Gossip, Sander van Doorn, Sasha, Dubfire, Caribou, Feed Me, Gareth Emery, Digitalism, Fritz Kalkbrenner, Maceo Plex, Nina Kraviz, Crazy P, Animal Collective, Dapayk Solo, Gus Gus, Tensnake and more to be announced soon.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

Some big names been announced:

Anyone got any more info on this?

when the music goes on until?

what's the camping like + what to do in the day?

how easy zamardi is to get to?

what the atmosphere is like?

can't find a lot on this so anything would be appreciated!

Edited by JC-Mo'Fucka

I haven't been myself, but friends have been last year.

Great list of acts announced so far! I'm curious what more is to come.

What I heard from my friends:

- Music goes on 24 hour per day.

- The camping is good, but during the day most people are laying on the beach or in the water.

- There's a direct train from Budapest Deli Station.

- Atmosphere is very good. My friends have been to many festivals and said only at Sziget they found a better atmosphere.

For more info on the Hungarian festivals I recommend the website of their UK promoters www.ostfest.com

Ahhh man well I'm still going to live in hope! Major Lazer/ Diplo would be awesome. Have you been before JC? How expensive is beer? Are there 'alternatives' to alcohol available?

This is my wish list:

Boys Noize

Erol Alkan

Moderat

Marco Carola

Monkey Safari

James Blake

XXYYXX

Bart B More

Caspa

Friction

Seth Troxler

Art Department

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I travelled from NY in 2011 for this festival and would highly recommend it. To answer a few questions asked above, in relation to alcohol, you can't walk in with a big slab of cans but whatever you can fit in your bag is no problem as security is slack enough. Camel eye, I would be careful about the alternatives you speak of, saw some bad experiences when I was there, some people really came too far out of their shells because of some of the dodgy products floating around.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bottling spirits sounds like witchcraft to me JC! But lets get serious for a minute, you won't get away with glass bottles, put all your spirits in plastic bottles before you get on site or security will just pour them out in front of your eyes. Also, on a side note, spirits will mess you up very quickly in that heat, you'd be better off sticking to your "quid- 2 quid a pint" quote unquote, I don't need to remind anyone of the proverb of the tortise and the hare, which, on another side note, is a personal favourite of mine.