Holiday!

Katster

that site is great, these are just the kind of things we look for all the time. some of them are very expensive. and often we dont get a 3 night spell to go somewhere, but I like the look of a few of the yorkshire (and surrouding) ones that might suit us for a quick getaway.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

I think its far fetched to push the idea these old buildings make a big difference.  There is plenty of empty "green field" land which is pointlessly protected before we start looking at these properties.

except of course they're very often surrounded by a big patch of unproductive land, about the only bits that exist.

The govt control the price of land via the amount of new land they release for housing. Protecting the country piles of toffs (often with the taxpayer paying for the toffs to stay there rent free) is a part of that problem.

From a personal point of view i wouldn't want them all torn down, but neither would I encourage the 'we must protect everything' idea that's prevalent. When the likes of that Surrey mansion burn down, the fucker is gone, move on ... but instead they'll be spending millions to create a fake version of heritage, which is nothing of what might be regarded as in need of heritage protection.

Still, it gives some nice jobs for the middle (and higher) classes at the expense of the poor. ;)

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Anyone been surfing in California? Looking for the best spot. Not to big, not too small. Preferably south of L.A. 

@tevaburger ever been?

i'm not a surfer, but i lived in LA for a year (previous century). have a friend who's big surfer and LA resident who I was just in contact with yesterday and have just forwarded your query. will pm you her responses

48 minutes ago, tevaburger said:

i'm not a surfer, but i lived in LA for a year (previous century). have a friend who's big surfer and LA resident who I was just in contact with yesterday and have just forwarded your query. will pm you her responses

Cheers! Staying in LA, Huntington Beach and Dana Point too. Defo want to get my surf on. Gives the missus an excuse to sit on the beach for a day too watching me get wiped out over and over. 

Edited by The Nal