3rd Headliner just confirmed

Guest Paul ™

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noticed someone on the Bestival forums tweeted Rob about the whole 'Besitval appearing on the Placebo shop' thing...He said not to read anything into it. On the other hand, the initial tweet seems to have disappeared.

Can't help but feel like it's all suddenly pointing to them. They're a half decent band, but a bit of a boring booking in my opinion....

Noticed someone on the Bestival forums tweeted Rob about the whole 'Besitval appearing on the Placebo shop' thing...He said not to read anything into it. On the other hand, the initial tweet seems to have disappeared.

Can't help but feel like it's all suddenly pointing to them. They're a half decent band, but a bit of a boring booking in my opinion....

Well, if Wild Beasts are the only headliner announced for Beacons so far (I'm assuming Roots Manuva and Patrick Wolf aren't the other two headliners), Placebo would seem to be on a similar kind of level... yeah? (I don't really know anything about Wild Beasts, admittedly.)

Well, if Wild Beasts are the only headliner announced for Beacons so far (I'm assuming Roots Manuva and Patrick Wolf aren't the other two headliners), Placebo would seem to be on a similar kind of level... yeah? (I don't really know anything about Wild Beasts, admittedly.)

I did bizarrely meet Gaspard backstage at Brixton Jamm after their recent show at Brixton Academy, although I was so drunk it was only when I saw pictures the next day that I realised I had a) blagged to go backstage and B) had met anyone of any importance. It seems that staying sober pays dividends

I wouldn't have thought it would be Placebo, because their announcement is happening in the morning, and per the Bestival website, the headliner announcement is in the evening. I cant see Bestival announcing the headliner if Placebo had already confirmed themselves in the morning. Would seem a bit of a damp squib if everyone already knew!

I wouldn't have thought it would be Placebo, because their announcement is happening in the morning, and per the Bestival website, the headliner announcement is in the evening. I cant see Bestival announcing the headliner if Placebo had already confirmed themselves in the morning. Would seem a bit of a damp squib if everyone already knew!

Oh, and an evening announcement suggests a newsworthy headliner. Announce in the morning, it'll appear on the Guardian's website but not the following day's paper. Announce in the evening, it'll be in the following morning's papers, especially if it's an amazing world exclusive or something like that.

I did bizarrely meet Gaspard backstage at Brixton Jamm after their recent show at Brixton Academy, although I was so drunk it was only when I saw pictures the next day that I realised I had a) blagged to go backstage and B) had met anyone of any importance. It seems that staying sober pays dividends