3rd Headliner just confirmed

Guest Paul ™

I think, if people are going to say that Portishead announced their tour yesterday and it just so happened that Rob booked the final headliner last night, and that makes them headliners, then I'm going to say it's The Melvins, because they did exactly the same thing. Nothing against Portishead headlining as I wanted to see them last year at ATP and love them dearly, but it's pretty thin logic.

I'm also going to say that if that's the logic then didn't Rob confirm he booked Sunday's headliner the day after Radiohead announced they were touring?

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Rob's recently denied it, but maybe at that time it wasn't looking good. Maybe now after years of trying he's finally got them? Fuck it, I'm calling it. Sunday night, the calm before the storm, Sigur Ros as the sun goes down, followed by Daft Punk to close the weekend. Let us dream people...

With respect I don't think anyone really believes it will be Portishead or Radiohead - we have Bellowhead already anyway! I brought them up ages ago in hope, not in expectation. But it is fun to speculate, that's what forums are for isnt it? Radiohead are rumoured for every festival, every year (except Download), always makes me laugh, especially as most people would probably not enjoy it if they played all the new album in its entirety - but hey its Radiohead so who cares!

Pink Floyd reforming?.....

With respect I don't think anyone really believes it will be Portishead or Radiohead - we have Bellowhead already anyway! I brought them up ages ago in hope, not in expectation. But it is fun to speculate, that's what forums are for isnt it? Radiohead are rumoured for every festival, every year (except Download), always makes me laugh, especially as most people would probably not enjoy it if they played all the new album in its entirety - but hey its Radiohead so who cares!

Pink Floyd reforming?.....

Would be too awesome for anything ever to happen again. It'd cause the singularity.

I'm still waiting hopefully on news of David Byrne's next tour.

I got an email from him just yesterday about a new album. Nothing about touring tho. :(

As for Talking Heads reforming, I just can't ever see it happening. My take on things is that Chris and Tina feel too insulted by some of what David did to ever want to work with him again, and while Talking Heads didn't make them particularly rich - they made more money from Maria Carey sampling TTC, so I was told personally by Chris - I get the impression they're more than comfortable to be needing the money they'd get from reforming.

I got an email from him just yesterday about a new album. Nothing about touring tho. :(

As for Talking Heads reforming, I just can't ever see it happening. My take on things is that Chris and Tina feel too insulted by some of what David did to ever want to work with him again, and while Talking Heads didn't make them particularly rich - they made more money from Maria Carey sampling TTC, so I was told personally by Chris - I get the impression they're more than comfortable to be needing the money they'd get from reforming.

i personally think the Friday band (i.e. the one i believe he's just booked) will be a modern band - i.e. Florence or Bloc Party (why it took him so long to get either of these bands is another story - i'd happily be proven wrong)

i still think the Sunday headliner will be Radiohead. oh god please. if not them, Portishead seems to make sense (they'd definitely make sense after Sigur Ros, anyway)

I don't listen to them for that reason, but I think it'd be a massive coup, so much so, I'd happily have them as headliners so the majority are happy and Bestival's image is made even better. Because it's the best festival (After glasto, but I've never been) around!