Few questions...

Guest Dave The Hedgehog

Considering going to this festival this year for the first time but was just wondering a few things:

1. What's the vibe like?

2. What sort of age are the punters?

3. What's the capacity?

4. When are tickets likely to sell out?

5. Are many more bands expected to be announced?

6. What's the camping like?

7. What are the facilities like?

Thanks ;)

Will try to answer best I can:

1. What's the vibe like? laid back.

2. What sort of age are the punters? 6 - 60

3. What's the capacity? 6000- 7000. Main arena 4500, indoor hall 2000

4. When are tickets likely to sell out? early bird weekend ticket sale will stop on 19th March. Limited number of day tickets will go on sale in May. Difficult to predict when full price weekend tickets will sell out.

5. Are many more bands expected to be announced? 2nd wave of announcements on 14th March/tomorrow. Expect one or two more announcements in April, which means the full bill will have been revealed by May.

6. What's the camping like? City park, adjacent to festival site.

7. What are the facilities like? shower and toilet facilities on campsite (of course) indoor facilities of De Montfort Hall. And shops and restaurants close by to festival site.

Thanks for the answers. I'll wait and see who's on the second announcement - it already has some great bands (PiL and Jonathan Richman being two of them; the latter I recently saw in a barn near Bangor, North Wales) so I'm very tempted by it but I think I'll wait and see who else is there, to see if it justifies the cost of the ticket. ;)

When is the announcement likely to be made?

Edited by Dave The Hedgehog

Thanks for the answers. I'll wait and see who's on the second announcement - it already has some great bands (PiL and Jonathan Richman being two of them; the latter I recently saw in a barn near Bangor, North Wales) so I'm very tempted by it but I think I'll wait and see who else is there, to see if it justifies the cost of the ticket. ;)

When is the announcement likely to be made?

Hm, not overly convinced by the line-up after the latest announcement; doesn't cut it for me or give me much of the sort of the music that tingles my taste buds. The ones I want to see (with the exception of PiL and Richman) are on the Bestival line-up already so I think I'll be giving this a miss this year.

Thanks for answering the questions all the same and I wish you all the best.