Festival Search

eFestivals Camping Store

Recent Topics

Photo

Sales?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
202 replies to this topic

#141 Dan R

Dan R

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:55 PM

Because the people I am going with aren't into the Cure and I am not that fused, I want to see both

Go on your own! I always end up getting separated from mates in the crowd anyway.

#142 rug568

rug568

AWESOM-O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:17 PM

I've said it before and i will say it again

The cure will shit all over the Maccabees.

#143 Martino231

Martino231

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:24 PM

I can't stand The Maccabees so it's an easy choice for me... Social Distortion.

#144 brettredmayne

brettredmayne

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:09 PM

If you look on ebay you can see only 35 tickets on sale for Leeds, no way near as many as normal

#145 AcademicPistol

AcademicPistol

Milk Was A Bad Choice.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,774 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:21 PM

I'm a 28 year old woman and I'm going...and I'm going on my own! :P I stopped going in 2008 cos I felt too old. Naturally the solution to ACTUALLY becoming too old is to have a crisis and go again! Might camp in the families area though; can't be doing with drunk 15 year olds.

To use the old cliche age is just a number and all that just go enjoy yourself 28 isn't old anyway, camping in the families area might be wise or I could lend you my stick designed for beating/shooing away intoxicated teens.

#146 lightning1000

lightning1000

staying out for the summer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,559 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:04 PM

Heard from a friend at xfm last night that over 60% of weekend tickets have been sold for Leeds.
They weren't selling too well and then in the last couple of weeks they've picked up quite dramatically.

#147 Vieuphoria

Vieuphoria

lives in a field

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,715 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:36 PM

that's interesting.

It might sound bad but it'll be a good thing when more festivals cease to be. Bubble needs to burst.

#148 RichieParf

RichieParf

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:33 PM

that's interesting.

It might sound bad but it'll be a good thing when more festivals cease to be. Bubble needs to burst.

It depends what effect it has and which festivals go for me. A world with only V fest style festivals would be awful.

#149 LondonTom

LondonTom

Raging Alcoholic

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,693 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:37 PM

Heard from a friend at xfm last night that over 60% of weekend tickets have been sold for Leeds.
They weren't selling too well and then in the last couple of weeks they've picked up quite dramatically.

Thats not to bad, the line up looks a lot better with NME and Lock up announced now. (It's made me go for the whole weekend now at least:D)

#150 Dead throne

Dead throne

so you think electronic music is boring?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:21 PM

as long as Reading (obv), Download, Bloodstock, Slam Dunk and Ghostfest survive, I'll be happy...
the rest can piss off.
my opinion though..

#151 chriseede

chriseede

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:44 PM

as long as Reading (obv), Download, Bloodstock, Slam Dunk and Ghostfest survive, I'll be happy...
the rest can piss off.
my opinion though..

Glastonbury? Bestival? I suspect neither of these appeal to you though given your list of festivals above.

#152 Dead throne

Dead throne

so you think electronic music is boring?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:56 PM

Glastonbury? Bestival? I suspect neither of these appeal to you though given your list of festivals above.

don't really care about those..sorry! lol

#153 AcademicPistol

AcademicPistol

Milk Was A Bad Choice.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,774 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:00 PM

Bloodstock, Ghostfest & Slam Funk are going to struggle but Glastonbury will be fine.

#154 thesecretingredientiscrime

thesecretingredientiscrime

lives in a field

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,150 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:00 PM

Thing is, the UK simply wouldn't be able to survive with one or two major festivals. It's widely stated that the reason so many fests have failed this year is because of the absence of Glastonbury. I wouldn't advocate over saturation of the market as we've perhaps seen in recent years, because it only leads to more failing, but I highly doubt any festival would survive on its own in the UK, even Glastonbury.

I'm very interested to see how Download operates in the next couple of years, with no opponent in the same genre in operation at the moment.

Edited by thesecretingredientiscrime, 29 April 2012 - 05:03 PM.

#155 thetime

thetime

lives in a field

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,193 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:16 PM

Thing is, the UK simply wouldn't be able to survive with one or two major festivals. It's widely stated that the reason so many fests have failed this year is because of the absence of Glastonbury. I wouldn't advocate over saturation of the market as we've perhaps seen in recent years, because it only leads to more failing, but I highly doubt any festival would survive on its own in the UK, even Glastonbury.

But before the explosion of festivals in the late 90s you basically had reading, glasto and pheonix.

#156 LondonTom

LondonTom

Raging Alcoholic

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,693 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:56 PM

I'm very interested to see how Download operates in the next couple of years, with no opponent in the same genre in operation at the moment.

Nothing to do with the Olympics/Recession then....

#157 Martino231

Martino231

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:36 PM

Nothing to do with the Olympics/Recession then....

I don't buy the recession explanation. 2010 was the peak of the recession and R&L tickets sold out in a matter of hours.

Olympics play a part but if anything I'd say it's to do with the over-saturation of the market. A lot of festivals have popped up in the last 10 years and have really begun making a name for themselves recently.

Edited by Martino231, 30 April 2012 - 12:03 AM.

#158 zeppelin

zeppelin

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:05 AM

I don't buy the recession explanation. 2010 was the peak of the recession and R&L tickets sold out in a matter of hours.

Olympics play a part but if anything I'd say it's to do with the over-saturation of the market. A lot of festivals have popped up in the last 10 years and have really begun making a name for themselves recently.

It might be the peak of the recession yes, but not necessarily when the recession hits or has an effect on the common people (if you see what I mean?). People don't necessarily feel it at its hardest when it, in theory, is at its worst.

#159 LondonTom

LondonTom

Raging Alcoholic

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,693 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:40 AM

Its all 3 really, I think the recession is starting harder now with the cuts being made, if your a parent are you going give your kid 200 quid to spunk on a weekend piss up? or save it for them to offset against the higher costs of uni now? Just one of the many things.

Saturation sure, there is a loads of festivals around right now but I think this has been sped up a bit by the other factors. Hitting festivals harder than maybe a gradual decline. I was more speaking about the suggestion that we need more festivals and blaming Glastonbury for not being on on why other fests are struggling.

If anything it's freed up a load of regular festival goers who might try something new.

Edited by LondonTom, 30 April 2012 - 09:41 AM.

#160 mrtourette

mrtourette

purple monkey dishwasher

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,900 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:58 AM

2010 isn't a good example of a good year to use as, although it sold out, unlike the previous few years the bottom really fell out of the tout/resale market, exposing the high amount of tickets bought by people who never intended to go. There probably wan't high demand by genuine punters as exposed by touts losing money. Obviously last year tickets sold slower due to a lot of bedrom touts getting their fingers burned, but the signs were there in 2010 that things weren't as good as they had been in 2006-2009.

Edited by mrtourette, 30 April 2012 - 10:01 AM.