Sales?

Guest CE6

I agree with that and everything 'justiceforcedave' said, but still think the olympics has at least had some minor role

Just because its another big event on with so much attention, its being called the biggest domestically organized thing since the 2nd world war. Surely its bound to have taken some attention away from other big summer events liek R&L and with tickets so pricey surely there must be a few people going to it instead of a festival

Despite this, i do think R&L would have smashed it this year and sold out in minutes if it had Blur or Green Day in stead of the Cure or Kasabian

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't help but think having 2 years where headliners have featured prominently at other festivals the year before must also have an effect.

Obviously there are going to be casual fans and those who couldn't go but I figure if anyone really wanted to see Kasabian, The Foos or even the Cure last year then they had ample chance. To a certain extent it was the same the previous year with Muse headling Glasto in 10 and The Strokes at IOW and Pulp were fricking everywhere.

I know that the Isle Of Wight isn't easy to get to and I know that some people (myself included) will go and see some of those bands again but I think it would be foolish to assume it wouldn't make any difference.

Edited by Justiceforcedave