Sales?

Guest CE6

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think it's amazing enough to make it sell out straight away. I think Mastodon (I know i've spelt that wrong, I just have no idea in what way i've spelt it wrong) will be a draw for heavier fans, but there's no-one really who would go out and encourage people to buy tickets off the back of them. It definitely makes the line-up look stronger though.

I think it means there's enough to shift people who were undecided towards going. I'm pretty set on going now, although I'll probably still hold out to try and get a cheap 2nd hand one.

As LondonTom said, it's not just about the lineup as to why it's not. I think a big thing is the touts getting burned last year means they won't be so desperate to grab them this year. See how it goes.

I'm 27 and I like a lot of newer bands, I just find it strange that where as festivals like Download, Glasto, Soni (RIP) or even V, seem to cater for an older crowd as well as the younger market, Reading doesn't seem to. The reason why I find it strange is it seems to me if you could strike the right balance then you'd have a far broader audience for the festival and more variety in bands to book.

Maybe I'm just looking at it from a selfish point of view. I have my ticket anyway... just a shame I can't convince more of my mates to come with me!

Hmm I don't know about either of those things. A lot of people I know who were undecided/unconvinced still are. As I said, perhaps if you're a fan of heavier stuff, Mastodon will pull you in, as AFAIK it's their only announced UK show?

With regards to the second bit, I'd be pretty certain the touts went for it again this year, and are getting burned again. There's weekend tickets under face value on viagogo, amongst the thousands of others, and I'm not sure there's much argument of those being real fans who have a dentist appointment over R&L weekend.

I'm a 28 year old woman and I'm going...and I'm going on my own! :P I stopped going in 2008 cos I felt too old. Naturally the solution to ACTUALLY becoming too old is to have a crisis and go again! Might camp in the families area though; can't be doing with drunk 15 year olds.