• Replies 46.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gucci Piggy

• the wonderwhy

• dentalplan

• Com Truise

Babyshambles tour seems to be going well, here's a review from last night http://alittlebitoffkey.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/babyshambles-manchester-academy-1-7th.html?m=1

'After the gig,Pete was seen trying to drive the tour bus away in just his boxers only to be pulled off the wheel by his tour crew and driver'

I'm going to see them on Tuesday. That review has only confirmed my already ultra-low expectations.

I guess it's just curiosity, I loved The Libertines and really like Babyshambles, but I've never seen either before. Everyone knows exactly what Pete is like, but we still buy tickets. It's kind of sad really. The guy is talented.

Babyshambles tour seems to be going well, here's a review from last night http://alittlebitoffkey.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/babyshambles-manchester-academy-1-7th.html?m=1

'After the gig,Pete was seen trying to drive the tour bus away in just his boxers only to be pulled off the wheel by his tour crew and driver'

I just got totally smashed and had a good time

I'm going to see them on Tuesday. That review has only confirmed my already ultra-low expectations.

I guess it's just curiosity, I loved The Libertines and really like Babyshambles, but I've never seen either before. Everyone knows exactly what Pete is like, but we still buy tickets. It's kind of sad really. The guy is talented.

Yeah I'm seeing them on Tuesday in Lincoln as well. I'm the exact same and agree with what you say there. he's without doubt one of the greatest lyricists of all time. I'm still very much looking forward to Tuesday, just need Pete to turn up, and as Wessex boy said, just get smashed and you'll have a top time.

The support act, orphan boy, are from my hometown, so if worst comes to worst, still got them to see

i went to see them in leeds and as good as they were, i highly doubt he will even make the end of the tour

I went babyshambles in manchester and it was a right fucking laugh, yes he was on another cloud but somehow his energy was still incredible, yes the setlist was short but at least he had the decency to come back and finish with shambles' 2 biggest hits (kilimangiro and fuck forever) before collapsing and proceeding to destroy all his equiptment haha. Also when he threw the mic into the crowd I caught that, so thats a nice little bit of pete memorabilia for myself!

T in the park? Really? How well would they go down there?

Probably fine really, T might have more 'pop' leanings these days but given the bands roots and their name value alone they'd go down well in the same stance the likes of The Who etc have done in the past, still cant see them playing any of these fests though

Oh sorry, I thought you were saying you doubted what I was saying.

It's not KOL's fault if people do that. They could put on the best gig of their lives and that would still be the case. Doesn't make them a bad live band.

Bestival's capacity increase is only to accommodate more staff etc. There's no more punters.

Bloc Party would have been sub size at R&L this year. Latitude can easily have an R&L sub-sized act, especially when they'd be a weak sub, as The Vaccines would be.

Ah was it, okay. I'm sure the highest a Latitude header has played at R&L is 3rd.

I genuinely think 5 years is absolute minimum and the vast majority of the time it'll be a turnover of 6+. Arctics may just get away with it, but KoL aren't a big enough or rare enough act for them to get away with it, and while everyone here would love Arcade Fire, I cannot see them being at R+L in any way. If they do the early festival circuit they'll be at Glasto, and if the late cycle they'll do Bestival. They only just fit into the R+L style and wouldn't be booked so soon after their last slot - particularly if another recently headlining act is. I'd downgrade both of them at least 1 level.

I think AC/DC are more likely than you've marked them (not vastly, but a bit). They've said that they won't be bringing their full stage show ala DL09 to festivals now, DL or Glasto wouldn't book them, which would leave only R+L, IOW and HRC (if it happens) as festival options for them in the UK. It may be a bit away from the last 2 lineups, but they're a major ticket seller - far moreso than the likes of The Cure/Depeche Mode/Pearl Jam, and I expect the organisers will want to emphasise that there's still rock playing a part at the lineup.

Agreed about KOL and AF (they will do Glasto or somewhere else before R&L again. i think it comes down to if they tour early enough here then 15 if not a year later.

That whole Ac/DC at Glasto - I think they are as likely as any. It'd be one thing if we didn't hear any info of an offer and it was just pure hearsay but this time it's not.

I reckon they'll be booked for next year.

Probably fine really, T might have more 'pop' leanings these days but given the bands roots and their name value alone they'd go down well in the same stance the likes of The Who etc have done in the past, still cant see them playing any of these fests though

God yeah I forgot they have a Scottish front man

I'll do one of these and see what people think.

Glastonbury: Kasabian, Fleetwood Mac, Elbow.

Didn't Eavis say that the three headliners hadn't played before? Think Fleetwood are guaranteed to play. Don't think Kasabian played since 2007,so he might have forgotten about them.

R/L: QOTSA, Arctic Monkeys, Arcade Fire.

Made myself clear about QOTSA and Arctics. Unless the new booker is more inclined to give bands shorter breaks, don't think Arcade Fire will play. The last Uk fest they played was Reading, so would seem odd. I think this is a case of 'I really like the band so I want them to return.' Would imagine they will play Glasto.

V: Oasis, Mumford & Sons.

IF Oasis reform (don't think they will though Noel's going stron with HFB, give it 5 years) this is spot on. Otherwise maybe Rihanna or somebody like that?

Download: Avenged Sevenfold, Aerosmith, Van Halen.

Yeah

IoW: Florence and the Machine, Kings of Leon, Blur.

Yeah

Bestival: Chase + Status, Foals, Neil Young.

Surely Chase, by the size of the crowd they got, are surely too big? I imagine they will be headlining the big ones soon.

TitP: Biffy Clyro, Arctic Monkeys, Oasis.

Biffy yes. The other two no. Think Arcade Fire and Chase and Status.

and for bonus points:

Latitude: The Vaccines, Portishead, New Order.

Sounds about right.

Rock Ness: Ben Howard, Calvin Harris, Faithless.

Haven't Faithless split up?

HRC: Pearl Jam, Biffy Clyro.

BST Hyde Park: Tom Petty, Bruce Springsteen, Fleetwood Mac, Daft Punk x2, Rod Stewart.

He won't be there :P

Hologram special ;)

In all seriousness though, I wonder if there is any chance of AC/DC doing R&L? Weren't they heavily rumoured in 2009 (I think)? I used to be a big fan when I was younger, and even though I think they are one of the most unimaginative and least experimental bands going, I would still enjoy them.

What about Elbow? By the sounds of what Eavis has said they won't be playing Glasto and it's well documented that Festival Republic really rate them.

Elbow would go down poorly with the primary demographic of who Reading & Leeds are trying to focus on these days, so I don't think it will be them tbh. I'd say, if they are on the festival circuit next year (who knows, they may be taking another year off), they'll headline either IoW, Bestival, Latitude or TITP. On the other hand, someone like Festival number 6 could get them on a uk exclusive and that'll be their only festival of the year... So knows?! :)

Personally I think anyone who watched KOL at R+L was being a bit silly (but only because they missed a great FNM set :) ).

To the suprise and disgust of everyone I knew at R+L that year I said no to KOL and went to see a fucking incredible marmaduke duke show. I had the biggest smile on my face at the campsite that night. Mostly because I saw an awesome show over the shit that KOL trotted out but also due to the insane amount of whisky the guy who i was standing next to gave me