28176 replies to this topic

#3421 Black_Crow

Black_Crow

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:09 PM

4 headers at T? only 3 days. I've been thinking moreso that Noel might have to headline now but he's subbed iow, t and v. He could get offered sub at R&L but could also say no and just do a headline tour himself. I think The Killers for T is very possible too though. Way to early to know but we still anticipate haha

Sorry was meant to be a / rather than a - between Biffy and Daft Punk.

Noel already sells out Arena's, which puts him straight in line to headline, he plays a lot of his Oasis stuff live too, not to mention his album was huge.

I assume Noel will headline based on the fact he played just about everywhere this year, but didn't play Reading/Leeds? which you would think that he would have done.

#3422 gazza_20

gazza_20

lives in a field

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,361 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:29 PM

Sorry was meant to be a / rather than a - between Biffy and Daft Punk.

Noel already sells out Arena's, which puts him straight in line to headline, he plays a lot of his Oasis stuff live too, not to mention his album was huge.

I assume Noel will headline based on the fact he played just about everywhere this year, but didn't play Reading/Leeds? which you would think that he would have done.

See I didn't think he would. I thought he'd play V cause he went instantly as commercial as it gets for who he was alone.

Would it sell out though as if Biffy and Noel played it'd be giving two people their 1st headline slot and many have got to see Noel easily wether at an academy/arena or a fest. I think it's a funny one, I reckon if the organisers think he could just go sell out another tour again as his 2nd arena few dates have sold out standing at least comfortably then it might be worth the punt. A lot on here were hoping he was playing.

#3423 cheeseisamazing

cheeseisamazing

Please sir, can you stop the bus and let my brother jack off?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:36 PM

A day like...

Green Day
Avenged Sevenfold
Stone Sour
Lostprophets
BMTH

Would just be insane for me but would never happen...

Could see it for sonisphere.x

#3424 gazza_20

gazza_20

lives in a field

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,361 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:40 PM

Could see it for sonisphere.x

You can see something not right then. No offence or anything but their 1st 60k stadium date in the uk next year is within 6 weeks of Soni. Soni would make their silliest move yet in even trying for them, less likely than R&L and that's a no go in my view too.

#3425 adam1234

adam1234

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:05 PM

Something like

Fri
Green Day
No Doubt
Weezer

Sat
Blur/Arctic Monkeys
Block party
Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Sun
SOAD/Biffy
QOTSA
Lostprophets

#3426 Andre91

Andre91

staying out for the summer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:17 PM

I was watching my regional news earlier this evening and it had a feature on Leeds 2012, and the reporter said, "With two of the headliners confirmed for next year, organiser Melvin Benn is keeping tight lipped on who it is" Has this been mentioned before or is it just Calendar not knowing what they're going on about? It's the first I've heard of it and I didn't know what to make of it.

#3427 Mouseboy11

Mouseboy11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,375 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:38 PM

Anyone think Jack White could sub? He's played quite high slots on his tour at festivals this year I think and if he was still with the Stripes you'd have to say they would easy.

#3428 theevilfridge

theevilfridge

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:51 PM

I was watching my regional news earlier this evening and it had a feature on Leeds 2012, and the reporter said, "With two of the headliners confirmed for next year, organiser Melvin Benn is keeping tight lipped on who it is" Has this been mentioned before or is it just Calendar not knowing what they're going on about? It's the first I've heard of it and I didn't know what to make of it.

Wouldn't surprise me, I mean Muse last year and Foos this year were clearly in the bag for ages, and I think last year this site revealed all three headliners before Christmas?

Re: Jack White - personally I think he should headline tbh, but would be an excellent sub.

Edited by theevilfridge, 27 August 2012 - 08:52 PM.

#3429 Mouseboy11

Mouseboy11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,375 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:56 PM

Wouldn't surprise me, I mean Muse last year and Foos this year were clearly in the bag for ages, and I think last year this site revealed all three headliners before Christmas?

Re: Jack White - personally I think he should headline tbh, but would be an excellent sub.

I did think about saying Headliner because I think he did at Lollapalooza? He was absolutely amazing at Big Weekend by the look of things.

Man I hope I get those iTunes fest tickets!

#3430 Andre91

Andre91

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:56 PM

I thought this, but it was the first I had heard so I wasn't quite sure if I should take it seriously. If it is true, who do we think are the two who have been booked already? I think one of them is Green Day for sure. The other I'm not quite so sure about.

#3431 rug568

rug568

AWESOM-O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:04 PM

Green Day looked like they really enjoyed it so i could defiantly see them playing.

#3432 thetime

thetime

lives in a field

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,834 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:06 PM

Green Day looked like they really enjoyed it so i could defiantly see them playing.

Do reading still have the english exclusive tag?

#3433 gazza_20

gazza_20

lives in a field

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,361 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:58 PM

I thought this, but it was the first I had heard so I wasn't quite sure if I should take it seriously. If it is true, who do we think are the two who have been booked already? I think one of them is Green Day for sure. The other I'm not quite so sure about.

I don't think it is.

#3434 gazza_20

gazza_20

lives in a field

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,361 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:05 PM

Do reading still have the english exclusive tag?

One English exclusive, Two UK exclusives this year.

Muse UK last year.

2010 had them as well, so yes very much so Reading still does it. It just didn't with MCR, The Strokes and Pulp but well known it wasn't a greatly strong year.

#3435 gazza_20

gazza_20

lives in a field

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,361 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:06 PM

I think the two booked if I think at the minute is Biffy and Blur

#3436 dip

dip

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:39 PM

why are people saying Green Day to headline? they only opened the NME stage this year. That's a bit of a leap...

#3437 rug568

rug568

AWESOM-O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:40 PM

why are people saying Green Day to headline? they only opened the NME stage this year. That's a bit of a leap...

sarcasm doesn't work on the internet.

#3438 Mouseboy11

Mouseboy11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,375 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:44 PM

In fairness I don't think they'll headline, they played quite a big set. Do they really need to come back next year?

#3439 Bobs

Bobs

Brothers Bar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:16 PM

I had the discussion with my mate...
I reckon Kiss is you're curveball for headliner, whilst it isn't a mad shocker in terms of style. I can't recall them ever headlining it, and they were lined up for sonisphere this year before it got cancelled. They're a band which everyone knows and they put on a great show thats for certain.

But realistically, they'll probably have Shikari, Vaccines and Bombay headlining and bill it as 'best of british - Original Lineups'

#3440 Yellow_Fellow

Yellow_Fellow

A thunderstorm in the area

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,439 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:28 PM

I can't recall them ever headlining it

There's a bloody good reason for that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users