2013 Lineup

Guest Dukeeyyy

I can't see System playing next year not due to there being 2 alternative headliners (there's no reason why 2 couldn't headline like Rage & Metallica or GnR & Blink) but because I doubt they will still be around. There's no real talk of a new album and their shows this year are all places they didn't play last year as well as Scars & Serj having new albums out soon.

• Replies 28.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thetime

• mrtourette

• Mouseboy11

• the wonderwhy

Also I must say if SOAD were to play r&l again, headline would be the only place for them, they'd smash it, and would sell a mass amount of day tickets, next year however I see Biffy as the more alternative headliner, I can't see r&l having two more alternative headliners, I can also see the prodigy topping the bill on another day so a two hour slot band would be needed to fill the void even though the prodigy probably could make a two hour set.

Is that in the same way that The Cure were going to sell a mass amount of day tickets? I doubt that SOAD are as popular as their fans think they are, and if anything this year has shown us that it's dangerous to say certain bands will seell a shedload of day tickets (unless they're genuine stadium-fillers like Muse or Foos) as they could be lumbered with a crappy undercard that puts people off.

No as in system are a more recent band than the cure they will still have a lot of fans willing to see them who are at an age most likely to attend festivals, in booking them they will pull lots of fans to thier days well as pulling some fans away from download and soni, there is also a fair amount of people who would want to see them whowouldn't spend near £200 to go to download last year as its too heavy for them or not to their musical tastes. I still don't think it will happen as for reasons stated above, but I do believe there is still a decent amount of interest in seeing them.

I think SOAD are easily as big as blink and bigger than MCR and Biffy and on par with RATM, still short of say Metallica but easily have enough to headline R&L.

I would say SOAD are pretty much on par with RATM but both would probably need a new album or something to promote in order to play.

Most R&L would know more SOAD songs than At The Drive-In songs there is more to some

bands than 'reunion hype' some are just credible enough to headline festivals of that ilk but I don't think RATM or SOAD will be headlining R&L anytime soon I could be proved wrong though.

I really don't think SOAD are anywhere near as popular as RATM were. They had a massive crowd and there was a massive buzz around their first UK show in god knows how long. If SOAD were going to be a big draw it would have been last year when they first came back. Now, they wouldn't draw anywhere near what Rage did.

I do think System are about as popular as Rage but I don't think they would that much of an effective draw and I don't think they will play R&L when then can get a guaranteed headline and more appreciative crowd at Download/Soni.

I know I'm biased about SOAD but considering how huge their crowd was at Download they are still popular... Granted Reading is a very different demographic nowadays but I would say they are easily popular enough to be the smaller headliner for the weekend at Reading. Although if they do another fest it will probably be Sonisphere or they will just do their own arena tour. I think people are really underestimating them, especially the person who said they are only as popular as Deftones I mean WTF.

PS I'll add that SOAD's crowd at Download was one of the most vocal crowds I've ever heard. They had massive sing alongs and everything.

Plus I would say Pearl Jam could pull off being headliner at Reading again and I'll hazard a guess to say that they would get a bigger crowd than what The Cure are going to get. However, I think they would be more likely for other fests.

A mixture of what I think and what I want. I chose Green Day because if they do headline (they probably won't) then it will be off a new album.

The Prodigy Bloc Party Green Day

Queens Of The Stone Age Mumford & Sons Weezer

Lostprophets Fun Lovin' Criminals Placebo

Bring Me The Horizon Maximo Park The Enemy

Serj Tankian Gogol Bordello Mastodon

A Day To Remember The Futureheads Bowling For Soup

Funeral For A Friend The Temper Trap Cage The Elephant

Kids In Glass Houses One Night Only Four Year Strong

While She Sleeps Warpaint Tribes

A mixture of what I think and what I want. I chose Green Day because if they do headline (they probably won't) then it will be off a new album.