• Replies 28.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thetime

• mrtourette

• Mouseboy11

• the wonderwhy

The range of death metal, punk and harcore is very limited if not non-existant, but I'm sure if that was your excuse for not liking Glasto it would be your fault for being narrow-minded and not willing to experiment with world music or jazz.

there's absolutely loads of punk at Glasto. There's everything else too, just not necessarily of 'big name' bands. The reason people think there isn't is because they don't know their bands as well as they like to think they do.

Well it depends on your definition of punk. Someone tried telling me last year that Glasto had punk covered by booking Jimmy Eat World :D

And if you like punk, what's wrong with wanting to go to a festival where you've heard of some of the punk on offer?

Well it depends on your definition of punk. Someone tried telling me last year that Glasto had punk covered by booking Jimmy Eat World :D

And if you like punk, what's wrong with wanting to go to a festival where you've heard of some of the punk on offer?

anyone who doesn't know the punk bands that Glasto has every year doesn't know what punk is.;)

I don't like Glasto either to be fair... it doesn't ever seem to have much of the stuff that I like; metal, pop-punk, post-hardcore, emo, post-grunge, hard rock and so on. Only a handful of token bands of those types, and they're usually ones you can often see at Download/Sonisphere/Reading (like QOTSA, JEW, Slash, Coheed, Biffy, Pendulum etc).

You would think a festival of that size and prestige would make more of an effort to include a wider variety of styles, especially with the number of stages they have...

I don't like Glasto either to be fair... it doesn't ever seem to have much of the stuff that I like; metal, pop-punk, post-hardcore, emo, post-grunge, hard rock and so on. Only a handful of token bands of those types, and they're usually ones you can often see at Download/Sonisphere/Reading (like QOTSA, JEW, Slash, Coheed, Biffy, Pendulum etc).

You would think a festival of that size and prestige would make more of an effort to include a wider variety of styles, especially with the number of stages they have...

I'm afraid you're wrong HartAttack, Glasto does have plenty of these genres but you obviously aren't a big enough fan to notice when bands from these genres are on the smaller stages.

tourettes got the better of you today? :lol:

There were 1,200 distinct acts that efests listed last year (so you can add a few hundred more to that). How many of them do you know? ;)

Thing about Glasto is, there's more to it than just the bands. It's hard to explain but you just have to go and see for yourself to fully understand. There were only four acts I really wanted to see all weekend (Blur, Springsteen, The Specials and Spinal Tap) but it was the best weekend of my life.

I'm afraid you're wrong HartAttack, Glasto does have plenty of these genres but you obviously aren't a big enough fan to notice when bands from these genres are on the smaller stages.

what you're missing from this mrtourette, is that if someone wants (say) the Download line-up, guess where they can go instead of Glastonbury? ;)

same place they always are for a fest, on the line-ups page for that fest.

http://www.efestival...11/lineup.shtml

(there's actually more entries than 1200 on that page, as some acts are listed more than once. I did a bit of back-end trickery to get the distinct number of acts.)