• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thetime

• mrtourette

• Mouseboy11

• the wonderwhy

They both will.

Bloc Party are not not playing this year to return as subs next year, almost no chance at all, no UK shows yet at all. UK arena tour and R&L English Festival Exclusive i think.

Biffy Clyro will most likely headline T next year, there is almost no chance I don't think IMO they'll headline that/Oxygen and sub at R&L, not even to Blur. Arena tour and shared header with T/Oxygen.

The Killers - Playing V this year, played Hard Rock Calling next year, by playing T, they are playing to a crowd that haven't had as much chance to see them as English fans have. I don't think this will happen.

Blur - Alex James bums NME and vise versa. Huge outdoor gig at Hyde Park, not sure if it is being run by LiveNation but if so, you put your house on them headlining R&L next year on a UK Exclusive.

The Prodigy - If they played, I think they headline, they surely aren't going to sell out Mk Bowl with Pendulum as the main support as we know that it'd be a likely choice for their sub at R&L, plus headline Download this year and sub at R&L next when IOW/Global gathering and Creamfields will offer them headline, V could get away with offering sub as they have headline sized bands as subs more than most.

When you look at that. Biffy Clyro would be your Kasabian this year, Blur would be your Foo Fighters this year, Bloc Party would be unfortunately your band that headlines but plays sub at T, and with the thinking of Biffy Clyro, The Killers and Lady GaGa as headliners and they have different subs usually, Bloc party subbing The Killers isn't something that hasn't been done and didn't work before. Honestly by then Pendulum could probably sub main to Biffy, it's more the sub main I'm thinking here.

I had a re-think of a couple of things:

344f31f.jpg

It seems every spring we become more and more surprised at the acts booked year-on-year; so why not push it that bit more.

An Enter Shikari/YM@6 NME co-headliner might have been excusable this year; but definitely not the next. So next year I predict an Enter Shikari/YM@6 NME co-headliner.

READING FRIDAY/LEEDS SATURDAY

MAIN STAGE

The Killers

Dizzee Rascal

Primal Scream

The Darkness

Skrillex

Gogol Bordello

Jamie T

Twin Atlantic

NME/RADIO 1 STAGE

The Specials

Editors

READING SATURDAY/LEEDS SUNDAY

MAIN STAGE

Blur

New Order

White Lies

Friendly Fires

Band Of Horses

Frank Turner

The Horrors

Wild Beasts

NME/RADIO 1 STAGE

Lostprophets

All Time Low

READING SUNDAY/LEEDS FRIDAY

MAIN STAGE

Biffy Clyro

The Prodigy

Garbage

Public Enemy

Rancid

Bring Me The Horizon

Young Guns

Airbourne

NME/RADIO 1 STAGE

Vampire Weekend

Spector

Edited by VCK

I had a re-think of a couple of things:

344f31f.jpg

It seems every spring we become more and more surprised at the acts booked year-on-year; so why not push it that bit more.

An Enter Shikari/YM@6 NME co-headliner might have been excusable this year; but definitely not the next. So next year I predict an Enter Shikari/YM@6 NME co-headliner.

I'm thinking something like:

Biffy Clyro

Pendulum

Bring Me The Horizon

Frank Turner

Bloc Party

Franz Ferdinand

Miles Kane

You Me At Six

Blur

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds

White Lies

Metronomy

I may be being hopeful by assuming they'd choose to book Jack White over Enter Shikari though. :(

Edit: Forgot White Lies. I've put them in for Jack White now.

Edited by Will-2609