• Replies 28.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thetime

• mrtourette

• Mouseboy11

• the wonderwhy

I was watching my regional news earlier this evening and it had a feature on Leeds 2012, and the reporter said, "With two of the headliners confirmed for next year, organiser Melvin Benn is keeping tight lipped on who it is" Has this been mentioned before or is it just Calendar not knowing what they're going on about? It's the first I've heard of it and I didn't know what to make of it.

Edited by theevilfridge

I had the discussion with my mate...

I reckon Kiss is you're curveball for headliner, whilst it isn't a mad shocker in terms of style. I can't recall them ever headlining it, and they were lined up for sonisphere this year before it got cancelled. They're a band which everyone knows and they put on a great show thats for certain.

But realistically, they'll probably have Shikari, Vaccines and Bombay headlining and bill it as 'best of british - Original Lineups'

When the line-up was announced I kept bemoaning the lack of older, veteran acts further down the Main Stage, but in retrospect maybe it's a good thing that Reading and Leeds are trying to keep the line-up "current" and not having to rely on older bands. After all, the great 90s line-ups, as well as 2000 and 2002 which are considered two of the best, all featured acts which were relevant at the time.

So with that said, I wonder what modern acts we'll be expecting on the Main Stage next year in high slots? I reckon:

Bon Iver

White Lies

Miles Kane

Noah And The Whale

Frank Turner

Mumford & Sons

Maybe someone like You Me At Six or The Gaslight Anthem to return with a higher slot?

Did they Nail it on the Maistage? don't get me wrong love the band but i thought they'd be w*nk compared to the tent.

I think The Gaslight album, if they return, will have a h

I think The Gaslight Athem will have a higher slot if they return due to their album success, but lets hope You me at six don't.

Not going to lie, Cannot see Bon Iver at reading, do you really think he'll fit in with a mass of drunk teenagers? tbh i'd rather didn't for this reason stated

Sorry was meant to be a / rather than a - between Biffy and Daft Punk.

Noel already sells out Arena's, which puts him straight in line to headline, he plays a lot of his Oasis stuff live too, not to mention his album was huge.

I assume Noel will headline based on the fact he played just about everywhere this year, but didn't play Reading/Leeds? which you would think that he would have done.

Springsteen would be an excellent headliner and fits that curveball criteria. This year showed that the organisers are willing to give headliners longer sets than normal, and plus it would probably mean Gaslight would get booked again, this time in a higher slot. 3rd or 4th maybe.