• Replies 28.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thetime

• mrtourette

• Mouseboy11

• the wonderwhy

If it turns out to be Green Day doing secret set this year, anyone reckon we could end up with Biffy Clyro, Blur/The Killers, Green Day next year?

On that lineup, they could probably even do Biffy Subbing with Blur, The Killers and Green Day as I'd reckon that T would then have Biffy an d Green Day as two headliners.

If they are giving The Cure a long set after getting them to play, no reason why they couldn't with Green Day, I think they'd accept 2.5 hrs for a set, their own are usually about 15 mins longer like.

Edited by gazza_20

If Green Day play R&L this year in a slot then next I think could be as good as done. If they can get them to play a set a quarter as long as usual, surely they can get a full set. Linkin Park I don't agree with, I don't think they are for R&L anymore.

Biffy, Metallica and Green day would be a good shout. I do think partly still T will get The Killers on a UK exclusive fest show with them having an arena tour in the uk everywhere else like. T need a big ticket seller next year and The Killers would be it.

Biffy are still risky as they haven't headlined a major mainstream/commercial festival, although they're still a realistic shout. They probably have a better pedigree than MCR but US bands seem to have this aura around them that gives them a higher place than logic suggests, perhaps due to being perceived as less accessible or available.

Biffy are still risky as they haven't headlined a major mainstream/commercial festival, although they're still a realistic shout. They probably have a better pedigree than MCR but US bands seem to have this aura around them that gives them a higher place than logic suggests, perhaps due to being perceived as less accessible or available.

Couple of points.

Queens of the Stone Age have stated on their Facebook page that they're recording, and Jack White has just announced UK tour dates. Puts them both in the frame to play next year, hopefully. Jack's playing a mix of arena sized venues and academy sized venues, do we think he'd be sub-headline level?

Also, with the announcement of Bloc Party's Earl's Court show, what do you guys think of their headlining potential if they were to sell it out? I don't see them headlining either way, just wanted to hear some other views.

Edited by Will-2609

Isn't Earls Court 19k capacity? I can't really see them selling that out tbh, I'm probably gonna go see them in Manchester at Warhouse Project an that's not sold out, but that's an 18+ show so I'm guessing half the RnL crowd are too you for that haha. However I can't really see them sub again unless their album really flopped.

I think Jack Whites a good shout for a sub, it wouldn't really be questioned purely because of who he is. He could play before Biffy instead Qotsa who I think might try to headline download/Soni next year. Noel Gallagher is possible for a sub spot I think after subbing V. Then if Mumfords album is anywhere near as big as their last they could sub, and would be a real draw after avoiding most festivals this year

Jack White could headline :D:P That would be a brilliant move by reading, so great live right now!! Seriously get a copy of Blunderbus, and get tickets to that autumn tour!

Unsure about Bloc Party, seems odd they are doing Earls Court as the rest of the tour has much smaller venues...

Jack White could headline :D:P That would be a brilliant move by reading, so great live right now!! Seriously get a copy of Blunderbus, and get tickets to that autumn tour!

Unsure about Bloc Party, seems odd they are doing Earls Court as the rest of the tour has much smaller venues...

Edited by Will-2609