• Replies 28.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thetime

• mrtourette

• Mouseboy11

• the wonderwhy

The Vaccines used to fill me with hope that they were going to be the next big thing, but now, not so much. They just strike me as a group of "Oh Yah" Hooray Henrys who don't really care. The lead singer has come across as an arrogant little so and so everytime I've seen live videos of them from this years festivals. He seemed nothing like that when I saw them last year though. Maybe success has gone to their heads a bit too much.

Edited by Andre91

I think:

Bloc Party / Biffy Clyro / Blur or Green Day

Mumford. / Noel G. / Qotsa

Something uninspiring like that, I think BP and BC are both going to headline but whether one is '13 and one is '14, because I think if they headlined the same year people would complain about them both stepping up and it being weak

The Vaccines used to fill me with hope that they were going to be the next big thing, but now, not so much. They just strike me as a group of "Oh Yah" Hooray Henrys who don't really care. The lead singer has come across as an arrogant little so and so everytime I've seen live videos of them from this years festivals. He seemed nothing like that when I saw them last year though. Maybe success has gone to their heads a bit too much.

For Leeds:

Blur, Biffy Clyro, The Killers

Mumford & Sons, QOTSA, Dizzee Rascal

might be a slight chance for Metallica instead of The Killers with them playing T but it'd mean we have 2 headers same from 03 and doesn't seem likely.

and for T, and I do this because we share a header pretty much all the time.

Biffy Clyro, Lady GaGa, Muse

Can people stop predicting QOTSA to sub, its not going to happen! 2008 they subbed off the back of eva vulgaris, and 2010 i guess that was booked when TCV played the 'secret slot' in 2009. With a new album coming out (and an awesome other stage show at glasto) surely they would want to headline if not R+L then DL or Soni.

As unimaginative as R+L bookers i dont think they'd book QOTSA as a sub, i'm not sure with this years subs and 3rd place bands if festival republic would still see them as a relevant R+L bands.

With the last point i'm playing devils advocat, i highly disagree, i think QOTSA, in my eyes, are very much a R+L band, and with two strongish headliners the other two days and a decent new album they'd put in a great headlining slot

Can people stop predicting QOTSA to sub, its not going to happen! 2008 they subbed off the back of eva vulgaris, and 2010 i guess that was booked when TCV played the 'secret slot' in 2009. With a new album coming out (and an awesome other stage show at glasto) surely they would want to headline if not R+L then DL or Soni.

As unimaginative as R+L bookers i dont think they'd book QOTSA as a sub, i'm not sure with this years subs and 3rd place bands if festival republic would still see them as a relevant R+L bands.

With the last point i'm playing devils advocat, i highly disagree, i think QOTSA, in my eyes, are very much a R+L band, and with two strongish headliners the other two days and a decent new album they'd put in a great headlining slot

I highly disagree with 'very easily' and you've kind of missed my point. Firstly with a new album and two succsesful sub spots (in 2010 the essential headlined anyway with the GnR debacle) plus a well received Other headline set i'd think they'd want to step up because its now or never.

Secondly, will FR want them to sub? If they release an album that isn't well received commercially then surely they wouldnt want QOTSA to sub. Also with the scope of bands being booked this year i don't know if FR would see them as a relevant band to the 'R+L Demographic'.

If the album does make a big impact QOTSA have a 'history' with R+L festival and melvin benn seems keen to find new headliners, i know there isn't really one this year but further down the line up he has been talking about future headliners (which leads me back to whether FR would see QOTSA as relevant).

I'm not saying the have to headline, i'm question if they'd play at all

I highly disagree with 'very easily' and you've kind of missed my point. Firstly with a new album and two succsesful sub spots (in 2010 the essential headlined anyway with the GnR debacle) plus a well received Other headline set i'd think they'd want to step up because its now or never.

Secondly, will FR want them to sub? If they release an album that isn't well received commercially then surely they wouldnt want QOTSA to sub. Also with the scope of bands being booked this year i don't know if FR would see them as a relevant band to the 'R+L Demographic'.

If the album does make a big impact QOTSA have a 'history' with R+L festival and melvin benn seems keen to find new headliners, i know there isn't really one this year but further down the line up he has been talking about future headliners (which leads me back to whether FR would see QOTSA as relevant).

I'm not saying the have to headline, i'm question if they'd play at all

I sort of agree with the theory, while it's likely they'd stay at sub level that doesn't mean they'll actually play. If they don't make that jump to headline status then both parties are likely to be thinking "do we go there again or do we try something different?".

I don't know what the answer would be but it's the same sort of situation with Paramore and Bloc Party, both are unlikely to jump to headline status so do they sub again or do FR and the band try other options?