Sunday NME/Radio 1

Noah & The Whale

The Wombats

Miles Kane

Sunday Dance

Knife Party

I agree that they will throw in a surprise

Stone Roses, The Killers, Green Day all seem like good shouts

Also maybe an outside chance of Blur, so far it seems like the Olympics show may have been their last but i would not rule them out

Also think there's a chance of something metal, maybe Slipknot? Metallica always a big draw but i dunno if they would have them after headlining so much in recent years

Also don't think Bloc Party or Biffy are big enough, both subs in my opinion

Subs will be a combination of Biffy, Bloc Party, Mumfords, Vampire Weekend, Maybe QOTSA

On another unrelated note, i would put money on Glastonbury headliners being a combination of these 5:

Radiohead, Arctic Monkeys, Arcade Fire, Rolling Stones, The Stone Roses

I reckon there'll be a curveball headliner in there that no one is expecting. To be honest there'll have to be if they're going to get my ticket money.

How many times have we seen Bloc Party/Biffy/Metallica/The Killers blah blah blah blah do the festival rounds?

I know there isn't much choice but Reading does always seem to manage at least one big surprise. Maybe a big classic rock headliner like AC/DC or Aerosmith? Or some Indie Dinosaurs like The Who? Or Pearl Jam or Eminem alongside a more recent established headliner and then maybe a new one? Just something a big different would be nice!

I reckon there'll be a curveball headliner in there that no one is expecting. To be honest there'll have to be if they're going to get my ticket money.

How many times have we seen Bloc Party/Biffy/Metallica/The Killers blah blah blah blah do the festival rounds?

I know there isn't much choice but Reading does always seem to manage at least one big surprise. Maybe a big classic rock headliner like AC/DC or Aerosmith? Or some Indie Dinosaurs like The Who? Or Pearl Jam or Eminem alongside a more recent established headliner and then maybe a new one? Just something a big different would be nice!

Please not The Who, I saw them at Wireless back in 2006 and they were so poor. :P

Springsteen would be an excellent headliner and fits that curveball criteria. This year showed that the organisers are willing to give headliners longer sets than normal, and plus it would probably mean Gaslight would get booked again, this time in a higher slot. 3rd or 4th maybe.

I agree.

Although I'm not sure next year we'll get a major curveball. Blur/Green Day/Biffy/Metallica/The Killers all look fairly likely.

I'm hopeful we could a couple of interesting subs next year. Despite my opinion of them, Paramore and Screeching Flo are both pretty large. Jack White could do it, and I reckon SOAD probably aren't popular enough to headline now the reunion factor's died down and might play below someone like Metallica.

Fair enough, not sure at the moment, maybe something like -

T in the Park:

Daft Punk - Biffy Clyro - Arcade Fire - Green Day

Reading:

The Killers - Noel Gallagher - Pearl Jam

Isle of Wight:

Elvis Costello - Muse - The Stone Roses

I think Biffy will sub at Glastonbury and then headline Reading in 2014. If not The Killers, then The Prodigy at Reading.

Given Glasto, Hard Rock Calling twice and Isle of Wight in the last three years, I think Springsteen has been around the houses a bit too much recently to be a 'curveball'. Given arena/stadium tour for Green Day in 2013, and the fact they did pretty much a greatest hits set this year, I reckon they're a better bet for 2014.

The Who are feasible in my opinion. Would The Who / Mumfords / Metallica work? Subbed by Biffy, Bloc Party and SOAD, NME headers You Me At Six / Frank Turner / New Order.

Edited by theevilfridge

4 headers at T? only 3 days. I've been thinking moreso that Noel might have to headline now but he's subbed iow, t and v. He could get offered sub at R&L but could also say no and just do a headline tour himself. I think The Killers for T is very possible too though. Way to early to know but we still anticipate haha

Sorry was meant to be a / rather than a - between Biffy and Daft Punk.

Noel already sells out Arena's, which puts him straight in line to headline, he plays a lot of his Oasis stuff live too, not to mention his album was huge.

I assume Noel will headline based on the fact he played just about everywhere this year, but didn't play Reading/Leeds? which you would think that he would have done.

I was watching my regional news earlier this evening and it had a feature on Leeds 2012, and the reporter said, "With two of the headliners confirmed for next year, organiser Melvin Benn is keeping tight lipped on who it is" Has this been mentioned before or is it just Calendar not knowing what they're going on about? It's the first I've heard of it and I didn't know what to make of it.