• Replies 28.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thetime

• mrtourette

• Mouseboy11

• the wonderwhy

....£60 for a gig is ridiculous! I'd pay that for an outdoor show with a chunk of named support bands... christ you can get a day festival ticket for an extra £20.

Gigs are getting way to expensive, which is a shame because fans that ultimately lose out on seeing their favourite bands.

Totally related.

Gig tickets are a lot more expensive than they used to be and well above inflation.

I think its agreed that's one of the main reason is the thieves downloading illegal music.

You also only have to look at festival prices from 10 years ago to see the increase.

Edited by jump

Bands will charge however much they can get away with.

I don't think bands charge so much money for gigs because of music downloads. Even if everybody bought music, they would still charge the same because there is a shit load of money to be made.

Muse are charging so much because they know it will be an instant sell out whatever the price and other bands do the same.

I illegally download. Sorry.

But if it's ok... I tend to download albums I own (which aren't on Spotify, as I have my CD collection is storage atm). Or bands who I don't have the money to buy albums of yet, but I will do in the coming weeks. I don't really think that's bad?

There definitely is an impact. Acts themselves have stated how they have to tour more and increase prices, because of the drop in sales. Acts only get a minute percentage of sales, so a small amount of a decreasing amount is... erm, well very little.