Latest Festivals News

Festival Search

eFestivals Camping Store

Recent Topics

Photo

Loads more still to come...?

Line up

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 spikytom

spikytom

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:40 PM

Because I'm incredibly bored at work and have nothing better to do, I've compared the number of acts listed on Bestival's efestivals line up page last year with this year's. I realise this is very unscientific with lots of acts being listed more than once on the 2011 page, the stages not being exactly the same etc, but here goes.

So last year's page has 582 acts on it. This year's only has 169, including today's additions. That's a whopping 413 acts less. So i think it's safe to say we've got at least a couple of hundred acts still to come...?

Plenty of room for lots more awesomeness B)

#2 Tom12

Tom12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:55 PM

If this is ture im happy! But Rob probably has put a few new besti goers off not me though as i have already paid for my ticket, but trying to make my mates go is going to be even harder until the next line up list is released, If its a good list that is...

#3 theampersanddevil

theampersanddevil

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:00 PM

I'm not put off at all. I was told smaller acts and expected smaller acts. The fact I even know a few of them is a bonus.

Actually getting really excited for bestival.

#4 Joe-

Joe-

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:02 PM

Still got our other 2 headliners, I can imagine them being announced with a bunch of other artists.

#5 sisterofmercy

sisterofmercy

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:35 PM

It's still a long time until September so I can imagine there will be plenty more to come. I don't think the lineup is disappointing by any stretch so far, though it depends on what your taste I suppose.

#6 Joe-

Joe-

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:48 PM

Still got Annie Mac's night thing, last year it had Diplo, A-Trak, etc. I don't think that has been announced yet, but there's always crackin' DJ's.

#7 LondonTom

LondonTom

Raging Alcoholic

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,503 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:27 AM

Mystery Jets to be announced yet ;) :P *

But yes plenty more :D

*I hope :P

#8 Dave The Hedgehog

Dave The Hedgehog

Honda driving pessimist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,417 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:48 AM

OP's making a very good point with this thread.

I hope, I hope, I really hope that we're going to get more from Bestival over the coming months. It's a huge difference from last year and the amount we had to play with around this time in 2011 and if this is it (and I hope The Force it's not) then it would be very disappointing indeed. I wouldn't be half surprised if Bestival became one of the festivals to downsize in 2012 but if it does then why charge more for a ticket? Remember though we have about 6 months to get through before Bestival.

However, all of that said, I bought my ticket before we had ANY clue as to who was at Bestival this year so as far as I'm concerned, I'll go and enjoy myself whatever the line-up... but it'd be nice to have some chocolate chips in my cookie and not just have a lump of dough.

#9 Joe-

Joe-

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:00 AM

I hope, I hope, I really hope that we're going to get more from Bestival over the coming months. It's a huge difference from last year and the amount we had to play with around this time in 2011 and if this is it (and I hope The Force it's not) then it would be very disappointing indeed. I wouldn't be half surprised if Bestival became one of the festivals to downsize in 2012 but if it does then why charge more for a ticket? Remember though we have about 6 months to get through before Bestival.

Me too, it can't be it. I'd be way disappointed, but I'm sure I'll cope, plenty to see and do!

Hopefully we get those 2 other headliners, Annie Mac's curated big top and a bunch of biggish non-headliners. We've got a few, but nowhere near as many as last year.

Rob said on the podcast that he hopes to announce a headliner in the next couple of weeks. Hopefully he does, this waiting stuff is killing my hype.

#10 Poleski

Poleski

Safe as f*ck

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:31 AM

Lets hope so anyways, I want to see some big name DJ's!

#11 Dave The Hedgehog

Dave The Hedgehog

Honda driving pessimist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,417 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:34 AM

I'd be way disappointed

My concern with this announcement is that this 'might' be it before we get a headliner, so whenever the headliner is announced and if it is somebody like Florence + The Machine, there'll be nothing really to fall back on to cushion the blow of how disappointing that'd be for quite a lot of people who speak on these boards* if no other bands are mentioned.

(* - not necessarily the majority of the Bestival audience)

On the other hand, the chances are it won't be like this and like I said on the official forums, the announcement we got yesterday isn't really any different to the announcements that were made once a day for a week leading up to New Order, it's just we had them all at the same time yesterday. When we get a headliner, I suspect we'll get a load of other (good) bands as well.

Edited by Dave The Hedgehog, 10 March 2012 - 11:36 AM.

#12 smogo

smogo

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 04:58 PM

By mid-March last year, 145 acts had been announced, with 156 (excluding comedy & cabaret acts) announced via news release between April and September. And if spikytom's count was accurate, there are hundreds more that either sneak onto the website without any fanfare, or you don't even find out about until you get to the festival and see the programme.

This year 164 have been announced by mid-March, so I guess we can expect at least another 130 in the coming months.

As for the quality of the later announcements, in 2011 Santigold, Odd Future, The La's, Nero, Björk and Friendly Fires were the biggest names to get announced between April and September.

#13 Dave The Hedgehog

Dave The Hedgehog

Honda driving pessimist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,417 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 05:47 PM

http://www.efestival...1/110321c.shtml

...By the 21st of March last year we knew all of those bands would be there.

Everything's going to be just fine. xD

#14 rexclark

rexclark

Sean, The Weird, Orpahaned, Ice Cream Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,127 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 04:08 AM

As it goes I'm extremely happy with the line up, add on all the other stuff and I've got my money's worth. Anything else will just be a bonus for me.

#15 Poleski

Poleski

Safe as f*ck

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:14 AM

http://www.efestival...1/110321c.shtml

...By the 21st of March last year we knew all of those bands would be there.

Everything's going to be just fine. xD

See if we get an announcement like that sometime soon I'll be happy.

#16 Joe-

Joe-

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:13 AM

See if we get an announcement like that sometime soon I'll be happy.

Hell yes, that was the best announcement I've ever seen. If we get an announcement of that size, I'll be happy too.

Still remember jumping around in college when I saw Fatboy Slim's name. Good times.