Camping advice

Guest gordon_mfc

Hi, this will be my first time at rockiness. After getting bored of T in the Park in 2009, I've been at leeds the past few years.

Anyway, i was reading the terms and conditions and i read this... "No food or drink or illegal substances are permitted to be brought into the Festival Site"

Does this mean the camping area aswell? So you aint allowed to bring food or drink?!?

Cheers

Gordon

nah youare allowed to bring food and drink into the campsite

Hope to nip this in the bud before it starts but I guess it will happen every year.

The best advice is if you are doing more than one car run. Bring all your drink in first run.

There have been times when brining drink in on subsequent runs has been a real issue.

You can bring drink in, but if there are 4 guys with 40 crates, 40 bottles and 30 crates of mixers then I think its safe to say they are puntin it. :P

'The best advice is if you are doing more than one car run. Bring all your drink in first run.'

Definatley the best advice going. Its a bizarre setup, one which the guy in charge of the gates could not explain fully to me, with my wheelie bin of drink. You must take all your alcohol on your first run, or risk having nothing.

I have always been lucky enough to be there in a group, but say for example there wasnt enough of you to look after the drink which is now in the campsite, while you make the second run? Chances of it being there on your return? Anyways, please heed Ampersands advice B)

One year i went to TITP with the bare minimum! Bought loads of beer in advance from Be Chilled so pretty much all i had was a small rucksack with clothes and a couple of bottles of vodka inside, a 2 man pop up tent and a camping chair! So easy to carry! But as usual on our bus there was girls with far too much stuff and in about 100 different plastic carrier bags! Needless to say i had to help carry lots of shit that wasnt mine and I ended up going into mule mode which was what i was trying to avoid! What made it worse was that they still couldnt keep up even when i had their stuff and i had to get stopping every 50 yards! GRRRRRR

Know exactly what you mean, I had brought a fair amount of my own stuff so was in mule mode but powered up the hill to the campsite and got there, set up my camping chair just about to relax when I got a phone call from a couple of my friends who were struggling so i went down found a sledge put all their stuff on it and dragged it up the hill, double mule mode wasnt fun, made getting that first seat and drink all that much better though