Festival Search

eFestivals Camping Store

Recent Topics

Photo

Hyde Park 2012

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
627 replies to this topic

#41 jump

jump

"That's what I said"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,397 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:21 PM

Pretty sure he did, '08 yeah? I was there too.

Nope, he did sell out the the 2nd time he played in 2010(?) tho. I was annoyed as I was hoping to pick up another cheap tix that year.

#42 edfirth

edfirth

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:57 PM

Hard Rock Calling have confirmed John Fogerty, although they're refusing to confirm anyone else until next week.

London Live say that there will be another announcement soon too. Someone asked them about who the 'third band' is, and they responded saying that it wouldn't be long before they can say. So it's a band then it seems - no Ray Davis or Paul Weller...

In the deleted thread, eFests said that it was a 'fact' that Elbow would be at London Live, so perhaps they'll play this slot? The delay in the announcement might have been part of their deals with Latitude and Jodrell Bank.

Really? I didn't see that and on the page it says Paul McCartney and Adele are strong rumours. If so, can this be changed please Neil!

#43 Kierkegaard

Kierkegaard

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:32 PM

McCartney wont sub to Blur though, he'll headline the opening day if he is there at all.

You can see him say 'That's not a prediction, that's a fact. Posted Image' in response to my suggestion of Elbow if you google the old topic. It's all still there as a cache. That topic was where 95% of my posts were, sad to lose them :(

Although, as you say, they're not in the rumours anymore, so it might be less of a fact now as it was then.

#44 judyblue110

judyblue110

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:04 PM

I honestly don't know the answer to this question, but...

...how big are ZZ Top?

Just noticed that they too have an "exciting tour announcement" next week. I honestly have no idea where they would be located in a HRC line-up? Headliner? Sub? :-S

#45 TheSeventhOne

TheSeventhOne

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:18 PM

It's just been confirmed Prince will be playing in Poland at the end of June. Could HRC have finally bagged him too?

#46 Frankly Mr Shankly

Frankly Mr Shankly

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,335 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:24 PM

If he's playing in Poland it's likely that he'll fit some more Euro dates in, the problem with Prince is though you never can tell what he's going to do as he isn't exactly a man who sticks to a plan. Having said that, it would make sense as to why they've been so delayed in announcing, as he only likes to announce shows a couple of months before.

I'm actually at Optimus Alive in Portugal during HRC so i'll be gutted if it is Prince & I miss him, but I did see him in Dublin last year, man what a show, genuinely the best in the business, period.

#47 Kierkegaard

Kierkegaard

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:28 PM

I'd go to Prince. It would explain why HRC haven't been completely certain that they can make an announcement. As would a Rolling Stones concert. Or Elton John. Anyone who is a bit of a difficult bugger really.

#48 Frankly Mr Shankly

Frankly Mr Shankly

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,335 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:50 PM

I would advise anybody who is a fan, (even a casual one) to go to a Prince gig, the man is a legend... I didn't realise just how amazing he was until I saw him in the flesh, the energy, the guitar & the voice, just wow, certainly in a class of his own.

#49 roadrunner66

roadrunner66

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:59 PM

I would advise anybody who is a fan, (even a casual one) to go to a Prince gig, the man is a legend... I didn't realise just how amazing he was until I saw him in the flesh, the energy, the guitar & the voice, just wow, certainly in a class of his own.

Totally agree. He's one of the best acts I've ever seen.

#50 eFestivals

eFestivals

the value of your god may go down as well as up

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,414 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:29 AM

It's just been confirmed Prince will be playing in Poland at the end of June. Could HRC have finally bagged him too?

yep, could well be.

Live Nation were trying to get him last year, but bottled it when he wouldn't confirm early enough for them - which is where the Killers came from instead.

But given that Prince proved his reliability at Hop Farm, I suspect they'll be more willing to hang on in there for him this time around.

#51 guitarbhoy1888

guitarbhoy1888

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:20 AM

does anyone think there will be more announced for the blur gig

for 12 hours i thought 3 bands was very little ?

#52 jump

jump

"That's what I said"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,397 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:37 AM

does anyone think there will be more announced for the blur gig

for 12 hours i thought 3 bands was very little ?

It's not 12 hours and another "special guest" will be announced.

#53 roadrunner66

roadrunner66

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:56 AM

Hard Rock CallingSusan - 9am on Monday is when we'll announce the next headliner, then more will follow the week after!

#54 fairy_

fairy_

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:08 PM

I saw Prince at Hop Farm and he was absolutely brilliant. Would recommend anyone going, even if you're not a big fan.

#55 booties

booties

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:36 PM

Rolling Stones tour delayed till 2013 according to Rolling Stone http://www.rollingst...-2-aa3-20120314

#56 Kierkegaard

Kierkegaard

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:44 PM

Yeah, that's probably a good idea, wait until they're even older! Do you think that this completely rules out Hyde Park though? It's possible that they could perform a one off show to commemorate the date itself.

#57 booties

booties

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:52 PM

Yeah, that's probably a good idea, wait until they're even older! Do you think that this completely rules out Hyde Park though? It's possible that they could perform a one off show to commemorate the date itself.

Well i wondered if this is released then next week a date comes out,the only other group i can think of for a one off date in Hyde Park is the Beach Boys as HRC and Hop Farm dates don't fit for them and other European dates for them are already out.

#58 eFestivals

eFestivals

the value of your god may go down as well as up

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,414 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:08 PM

Rolling Stones tour delayed till 2013 according to Rolling Stone http://www.rollingst...-2-aa3-20120314

I wouldn't say that rules out the Hyde Park show totally.

It's one thing not being fit enough for a major tour, another to play a show or two.

#59 Kierkegaard

Kierkegaard

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:40 PM

Well i wondered if this is released then next week a date comes out,the only other group i can think of for a one off date in Hyde Park is the Beach Boys as HRC and Hop Farm dates don't fit for them and other European dates for them are already out.

There isn't definitely another one-off date happening though. It could just be the two Hard Rock Calling dates and the London Live opening gig to be announced.

I think Stones could easily slot into Hard Rock Calling myself. I hope that it happens! We may well find out on Monday.

Beach Boys for London Live perhaps? Either headlining, or possibly a co-headlining in a sunset slot before a McCartney set? They would be two colossal names to have on the same poster, but I don't think McCartney sold out Hard Rock Calling two years ago, and these gigs have an increased capacity (80,000 rather than 60,000) so they might need a bit more of an edge of an edge to guarentee a sell out.

Edited by Kierkegaard, 14 March 2012 - 04:42 PM.

#60 Role Model

Role Model

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:38 PM

After getting my hopes up about Prince playing HRC last year, it's pretty hard not to do the same again this year what with the Polish date being announced.