Latest Festivals News

Festival Search

eFestivals Camping Store

Recent Topics

Photo

Hyde Park 2012

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
627 replies to this topic

#421 LondonTom

LondonTom

Raging Alcoholic

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,336 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:26 PM

Taken from the site

"As both the Opening Ceremony Celebration Concert and the Closing Ceremony Celebration Concert will feature key moments form the Opening and Closing Ceremonies, under our agreement with LOCOG we are unable to divulge detailed artist timings at this stage. Please be assured that the running order for both shows has been designed to ensure that you will see the key moments from the ceremonies in addition to fantastic full length live sets from the artists. We ask for your understanding on this matter and apologise for any inconvenience caused."

It will not be 2 hours...of ceremony....

#422 edfirth

edfirth

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:52 PM

Taken from the site

"As both the Opening Ceremony Celebration Concert and the Closing Ceremony Celebration Concert will feature key moments form the Opening and Closing Ceremonies, under our agreement with LOCOG we are unable to divulge detailed artist timings at this stage. Please be assured that the running order for both shows has been designed to ensure that you will see the key moments from the ceremonies in addition to fantastic full length live sets from the artists. We ask for your understanding on this matter and apologise for any inconvenience caused."

Ohhhh, interesting. Where did you find that? Weird how it starts at 2.30 and finishes at midnight, with full band sets. Wonder if it's literally full sets (90 minutes each). Can't see Bombay getting that long. That's a long time to fit in 4 bands. You get about 8 or 9 in that time at a normal festival

#423 edfirth

edfirth

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:54 PM

I really fucking hope it's not 2 hours of the closing ceremony inbetween bands!

The times looks off to me, I thought it was Specials into New Order and normally with Hyde Park shows the gates are open 2 hours before the 1st band is on.

It's open earlier than that for the live showings of sports (see the site), but 16.30 would be a more suitable opening time

#424 LondonTom

LondonTom

Raging Alcoholic

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,336 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:58 PM

Ohhhh, interesting. Where did you find that? Weird how it starts at 2.30 and finishes at midnight, with full band sets. Wonder if it's literally full sets (90 minutes each). Can't see Bombay getting that long. That's a long time to fit in 4 bands. You get about 8 or 9 in that time at a normal festival

From here:

http://www.btlondonl...ation-hyde-park

and don't most big gigs like this open about 2 ish? I think even Muse did when they done wembley stadium...

And I can the support acts here, maybe getting a big longer than usual!

#425 jump

jump

"That's what I said"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,621 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:03 PM

Taken from the site

Is the inconvenience they are aplogising for is how they're forcing people to watch some of the ceremonies instead of none of it?

Edited by jump, 23 July 2012 - 02:30 PM.

#426 LondonTom

LondonTom

Raging Alcoholic

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,336 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:28 PM

Is the inconvenience they are aplogising is how they're forcing people to watch some of the ceremonies instead of none of it?

:lol: "We actually paid Blur to play for about 2 hours..but your only going to get 30 minutes, as we didn't figure messages from the Olympic sponsors on top of the ceremony "

To be fair it has always been advertised as part of the Olympics rather than a Blur show...

#427 PastCaring

PastCaring

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:27 AM

Just noticed that the time of The Levellers performance on 1st has been changed on the website from ten to six (or whatever stupid time it was) to a much more promising 91.40. Hurray! :D Hopefully, that means that both the Levs and the Beat will play decent length sets - and maybe we'll even get an extra decent band playing in between them! :D

#428 edfirth

edfirth

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:55 PM

Just noticed that the time of The Levellers performance on 1st has been changed on the website from ten to six (or whatever stupid time it was) to a much more promising 91.40. Hurray! :D Hopefully, that means that both the Levs and the Beat will play decent length sets - and maybe we'll even get an extra decent band playing in between them! :D

It's been changed to a time that does not exist!? :-O

#429 PastCaring

PastCaring

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:56 PM

Whooops, there's me getting my 12 hour and 24 hour clocks mixed up in my excitment! Of course, I meant 21.40 ;)

#430 manda

manda

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:48 PM

The opening and closing ceremony concerts have 1am curfews- snow patrol on at 23.10 and expected to finish 30 mins ahead of the curfew playing 80 mins

#431 edfirth

edfirth

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:28 PM

Where did you see this?

#432 LondonTom

LondonTom

Raging Alcoholic

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,336 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:51 PM

Opening Ceremony Celebration Concert: Paolo Nutini

Hyde Park - Stage

Fri 27 Jul

18:45

More information

Opening Ceremony Celebration Concert: Duran Duran

Hyde Park - Stage

Fri 27 Jul

20:05

More information

Opening Ceremony Celebration Concert: Stereophonics

Hyde Park - Stage

Fri 27 Jul

22:10

From http://www.btlondonlive.com/whats-on

People on the BT London live facebook moaning about the later finish time for snow patrol

#433 manda

manda

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:19 PM

The curfews were mentioned on the bbc app- would have explained but took long enough typing that on my flipping phone!! I am surprised they are finishing THAT late- we have to drive home after blur and have work Monday ...... Oops...

#434 chickenfire

chickenfire

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:47 PM

They let Snow Patrol go on until 1am but cut off Bruce Springsteen at 10:40...

I hate this world.

#435 manda

manda

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:45 PM

I agree- it shouldn't really be one rule for the Olympics and different for everyone else.....

#436 PastCaring

PastCaring

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:10 PM

They let Snow Patrol go on until 1am but cut off Bruce Springsteen at 10:40...

I hate this world.

Yep, there's something seriously wrong there! Unless they figure that Snow Patrol are better than counting sheep, of course! ;)

#437 edfirth

edfirth

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:09 PM

http://www.facebook...._count=1&ref=nf

See where screen 1 is... and below, the timing of the Closing Ceremony. I still think it'll be on in front of the stage (maybe be completely wrong of course)

Ceremony

Screen 1,2,3,4

Sun 12 Aug

19:30

#438 LondonTom

LondonTom

Raging Alcoholic

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,336 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:24 PM

Yep, there's something seriously wrong there! Unless they figure that Snow Patrol are better than counting sheep, of course! ;)

The only reasoning i can think of!

Anyway anyone who can afford someone round hyde park will more than likely be at the ceremony I'd think, they can at least afford the tickets remaining for that and have the connections to get them when it was sold out :P

#439 edfirth

edfirth

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:09 PM

NME just posted an article about Snow Patrol getting an extended curfew and said 'it was not yet known if Blur would have one'. Yes, it is known, you utter cretins. What terrible, terrible journalism. It would take 30 seconds to find the concert times on the OFFICIAL website.

#440 JC-Mo'Fucka

JC-Mo'Fucka

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:22 PM

I hope blur dont finish at 1 in the morn, man needs to get the tube back + got work the next day. As long as the specials and blur get long sets i dont care how early it finishes.