Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Kierkegaard

Hyde Park 2012

Kierkegaard    6

Is he big enough? He only plays theatres doesn't he? I know he's a hugely important and influential artist, but will he sell 60,000 tickets? Seems more like an amazing subliner to me.

Jailbreak    5

Is he big enough? He only plays theatres doesn't he? I know he's a hugely important and influential artist, but will he sell 60,000 tickets? Seems more like an amazing subliner to me.

Looks like it may just be a coincidence, they've got a competition to guess the Headliner which closes at 5 pm Monday, and have put the announcement back to Tuesday. Fingers crossed though.

Kierkegaard    6

Ronnie Wood plays a Hammersmith Apollo show June 30th with 'friends'.

Mick Taylor plays a show at Stamford Bridge on July 6th with 'a very special guest.'

How ruled out is Rolling Stones doing anything? They do seem to be congregating around London in the build up to the anniversary...

Jailbreak    5

Ronnie Wood plays a Hammersmith Apollo show June 30th with 'friends'.

Mick Taylor plays a show at Stamford Bridge on July 6th with 'a very special guest.'

How ruled out is Rolling Stones doing anything? They do seem to be congregating around London in the build up to the anniversary...

zeppelin    36

from gettothefront

Aerosmith confirm a press conference for this Wednesday to announce their 2012 tour, watch this space for any UK dates

tricky106    0

Apparently the Aerosmith tour is called the Global Warming Tour so they could be the Friday headliner but the tour dates I have seen show them playing the USA & Canada in June, July & August.

Whilst Leonard Cohen did play the O2 arena I don't think he would be able to sell out Hyde Park on his own unless there is a stronger undercard.

booties    4

Looks like it may just be a coincidence, they've got a competition to guess the Headliner which closes at 5 pm Monday, and have put the announcement back to Tuesday. Fingers crossed though.

fairy_    5

I'd say Aerosmith could be a good fit, would be surprised if they popped up anywhere else festival-wise this summer now looking at what other options are left

booties    4

Aerosmith have announced a North American tour for the summer but there is a 10 day gap between the 7th and 17th July right when HRC is.

Kierkegaard    6

They've really kept this one locked down.

Cohen has been rejected by his website.

Aerosmith are in Canada.

The Hard Rock Calling facebook page claim that many people have guessed correctly though...

Did we ever rule out Elton? :s

booties    4

Pearl Jam dates fit,3rd time at HRC?So do Foo Fighters and Van Halen.

Snow Patrol and Kasabian tour dates don't fit