Hyde Park 2012

Guest Kierkegaard

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Set times confirmed: BBC 4.30pm; New Order 5.45pm; Specials 7.15pm; and Blur 9.05pm

http://www.btlondonlive.com/whats-on?searchactive=1&dir=asc&page=1&sortby=eventstart&keyword&sdate=2012-08-12&hp=1&art=1&submit=Search#events-search

From BT London Live Facebook:

‎"Blur will finish at 23.15, and will be on stage for over 2 hours. The concert will be interspersed with highlights of the Closing Ceremony. The coverage of the Closing Ceremony is expected to run until 00.30, which is when we will close the live site."

You all owe me one for this as I found it through pure imagination

I clicked on the little arrows on this page

http://www.btlondonlive.com/whats-on?searchactive=1&dir=asc&page=1&sortby=eventstart&keyword=&sdate=2012-08-12&hp=1&art=1&submit=Search#events-search

Turns out the finishing times are on there, but I'll but them here for those who can't be bothered

Bombay Bicycle Club- 16.30-17.15

New Order- 17.45-18.45

The Specials- 19.15-20.15

Blur- 21.05-23.15

Finishes at 00.30, though the Opening Ceremony ran late so this might too

Happy with that! Hopefully the quote about interspersed parts of the ceremony being part of Blur's set just means they're on mute in the background

Hyde Park is the only place I've been where the sound gets louder the further away from the stage you go! I started at the front left and couldn't hear Damon, then moved back about halfway under a speaker and it was miles better.

It's a real pity about the restrictions as Hyde Park is actually a great venue, the quality of the sound system is excellent, and they have some amazing gigs.

And Blur last night were amazing, one of my top gigs. Damon had a tear in his eye at the end.

Hyde Park is the only place I've been where the sound gets louder the further away from the stage you go! I started at the front left and couldn't hear Damon, then moved back about halfway under a speaker and it was miles better.

It's a real pity about the restrictions as Hyde Park is actually a great venue, the quality of the sound system is excellent, and they have some amazing gigs.

And Blur last night were amazing, one of my top gigs. Damon had a tear in his eye at the end.

It was horribly quiet where I was - front left. As mentioned, when they starting showing the closing ceremony you could barely hear Madness, and then Girls & Boys started...

There was one moment throughout the whole set (start of Beetlebum) where they actually seemed to turn it up. Other than that it was easier to hear the hag five rows back moaning!

Praying that that's not their last show, don't want to end on that.

Front left was definitely the place not to be, I had their album 13 on louder than that in my car this morning. I could literally talk to people in a quiet hush and still hear myself.

But enough about the sound, as mentioned already Blur we're great, This Is A Low, Trimm Trabb, Tender, For Tomorrow, No Distance Left To Run, Sunday Sunday, Under The Westway, I could go on, were all amazing.

I wasn't too fussed about New Order despite really looking forward to them, but The Specials were really good.

This was my second Hyde Park gig (Soundgarden also) and I have to say I will do my best to avoid it where I can in the future.

The sound at both gigs wasn't up to scratch (better at Blur) it was seriously overcrowded and took forever to get an overpriced drink at the bar or navigate the crowd. It was full of day trippers with blankets on the floor who got pissed off every time someone stood in their "area" including one woman who had the nerve to put her blanket on the floor in front of the crowd barrier. Then just before Blur came on the bar which we were nearest to ran out of beer!.

I just felt like the organizers were trying to cram in as many people, at the highest price they could charge while doing the absolute minimum possible to get the event to go ahead.

Blur were fantastic, Hyde Park was shocking.