Hyde Park 2012

Guest Kierkegaard

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Gary from Snow Patrol just tweeted that all the bands have been given short sets and he thinks they have 45 minutes!!!!

from http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/18969574

Snow Patrol will be allowed to play until 1am at a Hyde Park gig coinciding with the Olympic opening ceremony.

However, it's thought the band is likely to finish about half an hour short of the 1am curfew.

Westminster Council also confirmed that Blur's gig coinciding with the Olympic closing ceremony on 12 August will also have a 1am curfew.

Its going to be murder trying to catch a tube at that time { normally they restrict access after a Hyde Park event which affect the two nearest tube stations so there is a bit of a walk involved }

Hyde Park live site is expected to be very busy during the Games - this can be reached via Bond Street, Marble Arch and Green Park. Please note that Hyde Park Corner and Marble Arch are now exit only from 1000 - 2200 daily, until Sunday 12 August.

Edited by glasto-worker

Any idea if there are pass outs so you can get in, out and back in at Hyde park for closing ceremony. If the running order is new order, the specials, then blur, I was hoping that I could catch new order, go out for a break during the specials and get back in for blur...

Any.chance that would be allowed???

Any idea if there are pass outs so you can get in, out and back in at Hyde park for closing ceremony. If the running order is new order, the specials, then blur, I was hoping that I could catch new order, go out for a break during the specials and get back in for blur...

Any.chance that would be allowed???

All sets were 50 minutes but no one was billed specifically as a headliner. They had about 1-1.5 hour coverage between Duran Duran and Stereophonics showing the ceremony then short gap before snow patrol (15 mins or so) then showed GB on screen at same time coming out. After sp they showed rest of ceremony.

I'd imagine blur will get longer.

Ground bone dry with dirty hard wood chips everywhere so not ideal for sitting in between bands!!

Sound good IMO and better than when I was last at Hyde park- lack of wind helped as the sound wasn't wafting.

Beer 4.50 for fosters 5 for Heineken

Loos generally fine although had busy spells

Tight security- airport style bag scanners and either metal detectors or wands used on entry. No food. Water on tap but can't take any liquids in greater than 100 mls. Searching also adds on to queue time to get in so will be very busy when gates open I'd think

Can't imagine they'll allow pass outs but I don't know- would have thought it was added hassle with security etc.

Several big screens which will also show final day events which are spread across site. Main stage has large screen covering it which divides and moves to side of stage

Think that's all I have to say! Hope it help. Gig was great especially red arrows coming over to reflex!! Great atmosphere too for the cetony. Proud to be British!!

All sets were 50 minutes but no one was billed specifically as a headliner. They had about 1-1.5 hour coverage between Duran Duran and Stereophonics showing the ceremony then short gap before snow patrol (15 mins or so) then showed GB on screen at same time coming out. After sp they showed rest of ceremony.

I'd imagine blur will get longer.

Setlist for Blur's incredible gig last night:

Girls & Boys

London Loves

Tracy Jacks

Jubilee

Beetlebum

Coffee & TV

Out of Time

Young & Lovely

Sunday Sunday

Country House