Hyde Park 2012

Guest Kierkegaard

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just noticed that the time of The Levellers performance on 1st has been changed on the website from ten to six (or whatever stupid time it was) to a much more promising 91.40. Hurray! :D Hopefully, that means that both the Levs and the Beat will play decent length sets - and maybe we'll even get an extra decent band playing in between them! :D

Just noticed that the time of The Levellers performance on 1st has been changed on the website from ten to six (or whatever stupid time it was) to a much more promising 91.40. Hurray! :D Hopefully, that means that both the Levs and the Beat will play decent length sets - and maybe we'll even get an extra decent band playing in between them! :D

Whooops, there's me getting my 12 hour and 24 hour clocks mixed up in my excitment! Of course, I meant 21.40 ;)

Opening Ceremony Celebration Concert: Paolo Nutini

Hyde Park - Stage

Fri 27 Jul

18:45

More information

Opening Ceremony Celebration Concert: Duran Duran

Hyde Park - Stage

Fri 27 Jul

20:05

More information

Opening Ceremony Celebration Concert: Stereophonics

Hyde Park - Stage

Fri 27 Jul

22:10

From http://www.btlondonlive.com/whats-on

People on the BT London live facebook moaning about the later finish time for snow patrol

They let Snow Patrol go on until 1am but cut off Bruce Springsteen at 10:40...

I hate this world.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=345573082189893&set=a.223154057765130.56340.196072723806597&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf

See where screen 1 is... and below, the timing of the Closing Ceremony. I still think it'll be on in front of the stage (maybe be completely wrong of course)

Ceremony

Screen 1,2,3,4

Sun 12 Aug

19:30

NME just posted an article about Snow Patrol getting an extended curfew and said 'it was not yet known if Blur would have one'. Yes, it is known, you utter cretins. What terrible, terrible journalism. It would take 30 seconds to find the concert times on the OFFICIAL website.

What is the point of having the curfew at 12.30! Oh you're running later tubes are you, how nice of you, what about those of us that have a train to catch! The last train out of victoria to my stop, coincidentally the last train that leaves victoria (well that side of the station), is at 12.40!

So after having a great time seeing blur the night is already ruined because i'm going to have to kick around till the first train at about 5am. No point getting a night bus as the closest it goes to my house is a two hour walk.

Getting a taxi is out the question, being a student means buying these tickets almost bankrupt me... also i dont drive... When people ask for a later curfew they meant like half hour not two hours! Looks like i'll be getting a £5 cup of coffee in bar italia surrounded by a bunch insomniac hipsters...

I do think a curfew should be based around transport, ideally. But then, the argument is that transport could be put on later to accommodate said curfew

I'm actually more bothered about the sound restrictions than the early curfew.

Edited by edfirth