Hyde Park 2012

Guest Kierkegaard

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.nme.com/n...ringsteen/64941

Boris Johnson talking about the Boss being cut short...

"It sounds to me like an excessively efficacious decision. You won't get that during the Olympics. If they'd have called me, my answer would have been for them to jam in the name of the Lord!"

Edited by LondonTom

http://www.nme.com/news/bruce-springsteen/64941

Boris Johnson talking about the Boss being cut short...

"It sounds to me like an excessively efficacious decision. You won't get that during the Olympics. If they'd have called me, my answer would have been for them to jam in the name of the Lord!"

and yet boris is the one who thinks the poshies in park lane should decide what happens in hyde park.

he'll say anything to appear popular (apart from criticise his mates at the banks of course, he can't lose the funding for his tory leadership campaign). The man is a moron..

I don't think it's just because I'm an oldie myself but some of the most memorable gigs I've encountered have been 'oldies.' I reckon if they're still around after all those years like Springsteen or Fogarty it's because they're actually rather good at it.

Springsteen was superb at the IoW this year (even though the festival organisation wasn't) and strangely the only time he's disappointed was at Glastonbury.

Fogarty was brilliant at Glasto a couple of years back. As someone said earlier you forget how many songs associated with other artists, like Rocking All Over the World and Proud Mary, were written by him.

We were able to get to Hyde Park Corner station just over 10 mins after the two gigs we went to over the weekend. It would probably take another 10 to get to Kings Cross assuming you had no wait for a tube.

An estimate would be getting to Kings Cross around 11pm, based on a 10:30pm finish.

We were able to get to Hyde Park Corner station just over 10 mins after the two gigs we went to over the weekend. It would probably take another 10 to get to Kings Cross assuming you had no wait for a tube.

An estimate would be getting to Kings Cross around 11pm, based on a 10:30pm finish.

Well, it looks like we are coming down to see The Levellers and The Beat after all, cos we managed to get tickets to UK Subs, Discharge, Anti-Nowhere League & Goldblade at the 100 club the night before, so we've splashed out on a cheap hotel! :D Does anyone know if we're expecting any more announcements for 1st August, or is that it?

Triple post but http://www.last.fm/e...bration Concert

It says midnight there. Confusing.

Annoying that they have all the times up for the free events but not the one we've actually paid for

edit- according to the app I just downloaded, the Closing Ceremony runs from 19.30-22.30. Makes sense. Blur 90 minute set after that to finish at midnight, possibly later with the curfew. That means that from 14.30 when Bombay are on I guess and 19.30 the other bands will play.

14.30-15.15 Bombay

16.00-17.00 New Order

17.45-19.00 The Specials

19.30-22.30 Closing Ceremony

22.30-00.00 Blur

Maybe?

Edited by edfirth

Taken from the site

"As both the Opening Ceremony Celebration Concert and the Closing Ceremony Celebration Concert will feature key moments form the Opening and Closing Ceremonies, under our agreement with LOCOG we are unable to divulge detailed artist timings at this stage. Please be assured that the running order for both shows has been designed to ensure that you will see the key moments from the ceremonies in addition to fantastic full length live sets from the artists. We ask for your understanding on this matter and apologise for any inconvenience caused."

It will not be 2 hours...of ceremony....

Taken from the site

"As both the Opening Ceremony Celebration Concert and the Closing Ceremony Celebration Concert will feature key moments form the Opening and Closing Ceremonies, under our agreement with LOCOG we are unable to divulge detailed artist timings at this stage. Please be assured that the running order for both shows has been designed to ensure that you will see the key moments from the ceremonies in addition to fantastic full length live sets from the artists. We ask for your understanding on this matter and apologise for any inconvenience caused."

I really fucking hope it's not 2 hours of the closing ceremony inbetween bands!

The times looks off to me, I thought it was Specials into New Order and normally with Hyde Park shows the gates are open 2 hours before the 1st band is on.

Ohhhh, interesting. Where did you find that? Weird how it starts at 2.30 and finishes at midnight, with full band sets. Wonder if it's literally full sets (90 minutes each). Can't see Bombay getting that long. That's a long time to fit in 4 bands. You get about 8 or 9 in that time at a normal festival

Taken from the site

Edited by jump