Hyde Park 2012

Guest Kierkegaard

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing that the curfew will also be 10.30 for the London Live gigs? Just booked us 2 free tickets to see The Levellers and The Beat :D but would prefer to train it into London.

Oh dear, I've just noticed how short the set lengths appear to be! Levellers on at 17.50 and The Beat at 18.40 - which means 30/35 mins max for the Levs - and then how much will The Beat get if they're next up on the bill? Unless they announce something else really good for later in the evening, it will hardly be worth us coming down from the Midlands!!! :resent: Humph! :(

I went to Wireless Friday, We had a bit of rain in the morning and then a 20 min shower mid afternoon the ground didn't get to churned up however the place had a much smaller crowd than it can hold. I'd say it'll be pretty muddy now tho after 2 days of rainfall and a lot more people walking it in.

There was no golden circle type of area. That's not to say they wont add one for other concerts. I saw Foo's there few year ago and they had a golden circle but this was made clear in advance and you had to buy more expensive tickets in advance to get in the golden circle area.

Just want to add that I was very disappointed by the volume level on the main stage for Friday wireless, people were able to easily have a conversation with the people around them while the acts were on. I hope they turn it up a bit for Blur in August.

Just want to add that I was very disappointed by the volume level on the main stage for Friday wireless, people were able to easily have a conversation with the people around them while the acts were on. I hope they turn it up a bit for Blur in August.

Edited by mrtourette

In response to the weather questions about last weekend...

Live Nation and The Royal Parks forced to cancel ONE show in Hyde Park tomorrow – The Hit Factory Live

All other Hyde Park events and concerts to go ahead as planned

London, Tuesday 10 July 2012: Live Nation and The Royal Parks have today announced that they have been forced to cancel The Hit Factory Live concert tomorrow (Wednesday 11 July).

Following the severe and unprecedented weather conditions across the country the site was declared unfit this morning to host the concert. The decision was made following full consultation with all of the relevant authorities and the safety advisory group. The safety of our customers, performers and production crew is of utmost importance and the decision was made unanimously. The potential risk to staff and music fans was too great for the event to go ahead.

Live Nation and The Royal Parks sincerely regret the disappointment caused by this cancellation.

John Probyn, Live Nation COO said, “The moment the Wireless Festival ended, we put in place a massive plan to prepare the site for tomorrow. Eight thousand cubic metres of wood chip is currently being put in place and over the past 24hours crews have started to make the site safe for our customers. Despite best efforts time has beaten us, but I want to reassure that Hard Rock Calling concerts with Soundgarden, Bruce Springsteen and Paul Simon, plus Madonna on 17 July and the BT London Live Opening Ceremony Celebration concert and the events will go ahead.”

Steve Edwards, Hyde Park manager, said: “Woodchip is being laid on the concert site as part of plans to ensure concert goers can be welcomed back as soon as possible. We are confident that the action being taken will enable Hard Rock Calling and the remainder of the summer concert series to go ahead as planned.’

Ticket purchases made through Ticketmaster and See Tickets will be automatically refunded. For purchases made through all other vendors, please contact your point of purchase.

I heard a number for ticket sales and although it was terribly low it also came with the guarantee that it wouldn't be cancelled on those grounds...although maybe the weather might provide a convenient excuse to avoid some embarrassment.

I think those that have tickets are psyched about it, it's just that not many people have got tickets. I'm certainly really looking forward to it. I just hope Cornell doesn't throw a diva strop due to the poor sales.

I knew it was a joke and I'm not worried but it isn't exactly impossible for them to cancel it.

Anyone else going on Friday and really looking forward to it? I feel like there really isn't a lot of interest in it at all.

Saturday however... :D

Edited by frankblack