Latest Festivals News

Festival Search

eFestivals Camping Store

Recent Topics

Photo

Hyde Park 2012

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
627 replies to this topic

#1 Kierkegaard

Kierkegaard

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:02 AM

Anyone seen the Hyde Park topic round here? Did it get deleted?

#2 Al2006

Al2006

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:40 AM

Yeah it must of... thats strange.

#3 eFestivals

eFestivals

the value of your god may go down as well as up

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,391 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:30 AM

My apologies - it appears that it has been.

I can only guess that it happened in error, when deleting a bunch of spam. Sorry about that.

#4 LondonTom

LondonTom

Raging Alcoholic

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,887 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:17 PM

Do the same to the epic reading 2012 thread and all will be forgiven :D

#5 Paul

Paul

lives in a field

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,022 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:26 PM

Probably for best as 1 thread for all events in Hyde Park is a bit messy and a pain to find info in.

Easier if it's one for HRC, one for Wireless etc

#6 Justiceforcedave

Justiceforcedave

Bovine Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,128 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:27 PM

http://www.getmein.c...ng-tickets.html

Pearl Jam and Rod Stewart AGAIN for Hard Rock calling? Or just a stupid balls up... you decide!

....Balls up! (although the dates do fit Pearl Jam :ph34r: )

Edited by Justiceforcedave, 06 March 2012 - 08:31 PM.

#7 user941

user941

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:57 AM

Any idea on why HRC are delaying the announcments so late this year? Any rumors as to what to expect there?

#8 dacbo

dacbo

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:59 PM

http://www.getmein.c...ng-tickets.html

Pearl Jam and Rod Stewart AGAIN for Hard Rock calling? Or just a stupid balls up... you decide!

....Balls up! (although the dates do fit Pearl Jam :ph34r: )

funny balls up to make, we sure its not legit?

#9 Justiceforcedave

Justiceforcedave

Bovine Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,128 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:56 PM

funny balls up to make, we sure its not legit?

Unless they've decided to book Rod Stewart in the same slot on the same day 2 years in a row and Pearl Jam in the same slot on the same day 2 years later.

...Seems waaaaaaaaay to much of a coincidence not to mention it would be a fucking lazy booking.

#10 dacbo

dacbo

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:56 PM

Unless they've decided to book Rod Stewart in the same slot on the same day 2 years in a row and Pearl Jam in the same slot on the same day 2 years later.

...Seems waaaaaaaaay to much of a coincidence not to mention it would be a fucking lazy booking.

Ah, didn't realise PJ had played before. Could see them getting one headliner two years in a row. After all HRC isn't really a festival, it's just a bunch of outdoor shows under a single brand. No problem with keeping weekend ticket holders happy or anything like that.

#11 Jailbreak

Jailbreak

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:35 PM

Any more news on Rolling Stones? Starting to loose hope that there will be a 50th anniversary show in the summer.

#12 Chavmeisterdeluxe

Chavmeisterdeluxe

I Love Cheesey Quarter Backs!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:34 PM

My friend had a meeting with Live Nation because of who she works for and apparently Deadmau5 is headlining the 3rd day at Wireless, she's a bit ditzy though so I'm not sure I believe her :lol:

#13 dacbo

dacbo

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:43 AM

My friend had a meeting with Live Nation because of who she works for and apparently Deadmau5 is headlining the 3rd day at Wireless, she's a bit ditzy though so I'm not sure I believe her :lol:

more than believable.

#14 roadrunner66

roadrunner66

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:15 AM

Do you think they will put more tickets on sale for Blur? I've decided to go only now :(

#15 Kierkegaard

Kierkegaard

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:09 PM

Wireless announce Friday headliner on Tuesday coming.

#16 GuitarManDan15

GuitarManDan15

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:43 PM

It'll be a massive shame if it is deadmau5, or another dance headliner, every other year they've head at least one headliner that will appeal to the more rock/indie orientated customer (2010 is a tad debatable i suppose) some they were all rock orientated.

I've gone for the last few years, picking a ticket up the day before pretty cheap, as it rarely sells out.

Hoping HRC has someone decent, not that bruce isnt just seeing him at IOW already.

#17 Babyquack

Babyquack

Arcade Fire to headline life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,711 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:26 PM

I hope it is deadmau5 - been meaning to see him for a while :)

#18 chickenfire

chickenfire

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 08:41 PM

Hard Rock Calling is slowly but surely turning into a one off Bruce Springsteen Gig in Hyde Park...
Not like that would be a bad thing right enough, but I would appreciate another 2 headliners, if you know, you want to have another 2 days.

#19 frankblack

frankblack

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:41 AM

Hard Rock Calling is slowly but surely turning into a one off Bruce Springsteen Gig in Hyde Park...
Not like that would be a bad thing right enough, but I would appreciate another 2 headliners, if you know, you want to have another 2 days.

I think the organisers aren't interested in HRC and Wireless this year and are too up themselves with the Olympics.

That Blur gig should have been scheduled around HRC, and I'm thinking they don't actually have anyone else booked for July.

A lot of people like ourselves need to make travel plans for HRC and this year's setup is a joke. People need time to make travel plans to get decent deals and this is just not acceptable. Looks like I'll be booking travel and accomodation for the Saturday very soon, and if and when anyone gets announced for the other days it will be too late.

I have regrettably booked tickets for T in the Park (dreadful lineup, and really don't want to go now), so really don't want to book empty days in London the weekend following it.

#20 Paul

Paul

lives in a field

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,022 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:13 PM

I have regrettably booked tickets for T in the Park (dreadful lineup, and really don't want to go now)

You could always sell your tickets.