Hyde Park 2012

Guest Kierkegaard

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i wondered if this is released then next week a date comes out,the only other group i can think of for a one off date in Hyde Park is the Beach Boys as HRC and Hop Farm dates don't fit for them and other European dates for them are already out.

Edited by Kierkegaard

I'd guess there's a few different types of special guest we might end up with. An act they didn't announce initially as they didn't have anyone (possibly someone smaller and newer). Someone who has an deal with a festival meaning they have to be announced there first (reading? It which case it could be in a few weeks). A very special guest which they'll leave as a late announcement for effect.

Under the term best of british if they want it to span generations, i can see the logic of someone who pre-dates new order and the specials (ray davies?) or has come along since blur...

Elbow are doing an olympic song + most of the event will be in daylight so picturing elbow at glastonbury.

Bloc party? I like them but not sure that's the best choice.

Reformed libertines... but doubt they'd want pete doherty anywhere near it!

Franz ferdinand would at least give some representation to another home nation.

The vaccines to open?

I'd guess there's a few different types of special guest we might end up with. An act they didn't announce initially as they didn't have anyone (possibly someone smaller and newer). Someone who has an deal with a festival meaning they have to be announced there first (reading? It which case it could be in a few weeks). A very special guest which they'll leave as a late announcement for effect.

Under the term best of british if they want it to span generations, i can see the logic of someone who pre-dates new order and the specials (ray davies?) or has come along since blur...

Elbow are doing an olympic song + most of the event will be in daylight so picturing elbow at glastonbury.

Bloc party? I like them but not sure that's the best choice.

Reformed libertines... but doubt they'd want pete doherty anywhere near it!

Franz ferdinand would at least give some representation to another home nation.

The vaccines to open?

Edited by mike46

I'd be happy with Elbow but rather Prodigy, Manics or Biffy Clyro.

*edit* Since it's special guest and not guests could it be Frank Turner and they are just waiting on his Wembley date? That line up could do with someone who's not middle aged.

Edited by jump