Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Kierkegaard

Hyde Park 2012

628 posts in this topic

My apologies - it appears that it has been.

I can only guess that it happened in error, when deleting a bunch of spam. Sorry about that.

Do the same to the epic reading 2012 thread and all will be forgiven :D

Probably for best as 1 thread for all events in Hyde Park is a bit messy and a pain to find info in.

Easier if it's one for HRC, one for Wireless etc

Any idea on why HRC are delaying the announcments so late this year? Any rumors as to what to expect there?

Unless they've decided to book Rod Stewart in the same slot on the same day 2 years in a row and Pearl Jam in the same slot on the same day 2 years later.

...Seems waaaaaaaaay to much of a coincidence not to mention it would be a fucking lazy booking.

Any more news on Rolling Stones? Starting to loose hope that there will be a 50th anniversary show in the summer.

My friend had a meeting with Live Nation because of who she works for and apparently Deadmau5 is headlining the 3rd day at Wireless, she's a bit ditzy though so I'm not sure I believe her :lol:

My friend had a meeting with Live Nation because of who she works for and apparently Deadmau5 is headlining the 3rd day at Wireless, she's a bit ditzy though so I'm not sure I believe her :lol:

It'll be a massive shame if it is deadmau5, or another dance headliner, every other year they've head at least one headliner that will appeal to the more rock/indie orientated customer (2010 is a tad debatable i suppose) some they were all rock orientated.

I've gone for the last few years, picking a ticket up the day before pretty cheap, as it rarely sells out.

Hoping HRC has someone decent, not that bruce isnt just seeing him at IOW already.

Hard Rock Calling is slowly but surely turning into a one off Bruce Springsteen Gig in Hyde Park...

Not like that would be a bad thing right enough, but I would appreciate another 2 headliners, if you know, you want to have another 2 days.

Hard Rock Calling is slowly but surely turning into a one off Bruce Springsteen Gig in Hyde Park...

Not like that would be a bad thing right enough, but I would appreciate another 2 headliners, if you know, you want to have another 2 days.

I have regrettably booked tickets for T in the Park (dreadful lineup, and really don't want to go now)

Friday 6th July - tbc (Wireless)

Saturday 7th July - Drake (Wireless)

Sunday 8th July - Rihanna (Wireless)

Thursday 12th July - tbc?

Friday 13th July - tbc (Hard Rock Calling)

Saturday 14th July - Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band (Hard Rock Calling)

Sunday 15th July - tbc (Hard Rock Calling)

Tuesday 17th July - Madonna

Friday 27th July - tbc (London Live)

Sunday 12th July - Blur (London Live)

Hard Rock Calling have always announced acts at this pace. Last year, Rod Stewart came in March, and Killers didn't come until towards the end of April. Year before, both McCartney and Stevie Wonder were announced in March. The acts will come, but I wouldn't expect any actual announcements next week because of Reading & Leeds and Wireless. Perhaps the week after?

They have at least four more events to announce, five if the Rolling Stones play their own show on the anniversary date. If it gets as late as the first week of May, they're within ten weeks of the event (which is when Prince is happy to commit to doing a show).

Don't know if this has been ruled out before, so apologies if it's common knowledge, but are the Stone Roses likely for that friday Wireless day or either of the other HRC? They're playing Sat 7th at T in the park, but with the lack of a London date so far in their tour I was wondering if they were likely.

Don't know if this has been ruled out before, so apologies if it's common knowledge, but are the Stone Roses likely for that friday Wireless day or either of the other HRC? They're playing Sat 7th at T in the park, but with the lack of a London date so far in their tour I was wondering if they were likely.

They've not officially been ruled out. I doubt that they could make it back to play Hard Rock Calling since they're playing Portugal and Spain same weekend. Wireless is possible, but they seem a bit big compared to the acts that they normally book, plus it might be treading on the toes of V Festival.