Few Questions

Guest BiffyClyro95

Very early I know, but a few things I wanted to ask:

1. Are there any general tips/stupid rules to know about? ie. at T in the Park you need your wristband and ticet despite needing a ticket for your wristband.

2. If a few of my friends register for tickets, can one person then book all their tickets through one booking?

3. How long do tickets normally sell out by and do they have more than one day of tickets released?

Thanks.

Very early I know, but a few things I wanted to ask:

1. Are there any general tips/stupid rules to know about? ie. at T in the Park you need your wristband and ticet despite needing a ticket for your wristband.

2. If a few of my friends register for tickets, can one person then book all their tickets through one booking?

3. How long do tickets normally sell out by and do they have more than one day of tickets released?

Thanks.

2. I think there is a limit of 4 per transaction. Although it's usually possible for one person to make more than one transaction, ticket availability permitting.

3. Apart from in 2008 and 2009 when the festival didn't immediately sell out, it tends to be as quickly as the sales system are capable of processing 130,000 sales - it's been somewhere around 4 hours in recent years. You'll need to be prepared to see a "site busy" page a lot.

2. I think there is a limit of 4 per transaction. Although it's usually possible for one person to make more than one transaction, ticket availability permitting.

3. Apart from in 2008 and 2009 when the festival didn't immediately sell out, it tends to be as quickly as the sales system are capable of processing 130,000 sales - it's been somewhere around 4 hours in recent years. You'll need to be prepared to see a "site busy" page a lot.

Depends how desperate you are to go. If you're really desperate then military like preparation followed by operating multiple devices using every comms technology known to man for 3 and half hours on a Sunday morning to eventually get through to the booking system 15 minutes before they sell out can seem quite stressful!!

And don't rely on resales if it's anything like last year.

I think it's fair to say for last year's festival tickets were like gold dust and only those deemed worthy by the festival gods were lucky enough to get their hands on them!!

It was all worth it of course! ;-)

I had everything going last year, 3 friends trying and was on from 8am and still couldnt get through so preperation has nothing to it, just luck!

I ended up litter picking and had my best glasto to date, so if you do miss out its a well worty solution, you get a 'free' ticket as such and the works not glamourous, but its not to hard either - I was on the 6am start shifts as I didnt want to miss any music, so just be prepaid for no sleep, I think i grabbed about 8 hours over the week!

Oh and you do get to arrive, set up camp and wander round the site on Tuesday night - so eerie when its (almost) empty!

I had everything going last year, 3 friends trying and was on from 8am and still couldnt get through so preperation has nothing to it, just luck!

I ended up litter picking and had my best glasto to date, so if you do miss out its a well worty solution, you get a 'free' ticket as such and the works not glamourous, but its not to hard either - I was on the 6am start shifts as I didnt want to miss any music, so just be prepaid for no sleep, I think i grabbed about 8 hours over the week!

Oh and you do get to arrive, set up camp and wander round the site on Tuesday night - so eerie when its (almost) empty!

Depends how desperate you are to go. If you're really desperate then military like preparation followed by operating multiple devices using every comms technology known to man for 3 and half hours on a Sunday morning to eventually get through to the booking system 15 minutes before they sell out can seem quite stressful!!

And don't rely on resales if it's anything like last year.

I think it's fair to say for last year's festival tickets were like gold dust and only those deemed worthy by the festival gods were lucky enough to get their hands on them!!

It was all worth it of course! ;-)

Edited by onthebeach

Totally agree

2010 - 4 tickets and hard to get campervan ticket bought at 9.05 - no problems - wondered what all the fuss was about

2011 - Incrediby stressful, thought it would be popular due to the beautiful weather, brilliant line up for 2010 - so more preparations were made, having had a 'taste' of Glastonbury there was no way I was missing out. 2 kids and myself on 2 macs, 2 laptops, i pad and 2 mobile phones with the fastest known broadband connection known to man (well in our area anyway) from 8am onwards. Finally got through about 15mins before tickets sold out - think it was around 11.30am? There were lots of regulars on here who didnt get tickets and they tried just as hard so I dont believe, even with the best prep going, that there is any guarantee of getting a ticket. I considered myself (and the kids) very blessed by the festival gods!

2013 - Fingers well and truly crossed for the ticket sales in October

Just got to hope everyone rubbishes Glasto to discourage people and give us a chance (not that I'd bother because Glasto is rubbish!)

Been lucky the last few years - military style op as described by others - but probably won't bother next year as Glasto is rubbish.

Really looking forward to campervan east next year as it will be my first year with a caravan. Mind you I'll only be going for the camping because the fest is rubbish.

As others have said, getting tickets is difficult and its not guaranteed that you will get one.

In main sale for 2011 we spent nearly four hours (until sold out) on 2 computers and 2 phones and didn't even get through to the booking page.

Finally got tickets in the last resale in May, which sold out of 'straight' tickets, ie without coach travel included, within 10 minutes.

Search the older threads and you will find plenty of info/opinions about tips for securing those magic tickets.

But I have come to the conclusion its down to luck whether you get through and have your booking accepted.

Just got to hope everyone rubbishes Glasto to discourage people and give us a chance (not that I'd bother because Glasto is rubbish!)

Been lucky the last few years - military style op as described by others - but probably won't bother next year as Glasto is rubbish.

Really looking forward to campervan east next year as it will be my first year with a caravan. Mind you I'll only be going for the camping because the fest is rubbish.