Festival Search

eFestivals Camping Store

Recent Topics

Photo

padlock on your tent?

security tents camping creamfields

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 Luke Edwards

Luke Edwards

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:08 AM

hi im going to my first festival, creamfields 2012, and dont know if i should padlock my tent???? if i dont anyone can get in and if i do it might look like i have something worth taking!! any vetrans advice would be appreciated thanx.

#2 Gothenburg83

Gothenburg83

DON'T THINK. JUST LET IT FLOW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:11 PM

don't padlock your tent, it just makes people this there is something in it worth stealing. A padlock will not stop someone getting in a tent! never leave anything in ur tent your not willing to lose! keep your wallet, phone etc on ur person at all time! That would be my advice

#3 eFestivals

eFestivals

the value of your god may go down as well as up

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,400 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:57 PM

never leave anything in ur tent your not willing to lose!

that's wrongly-stated advice.

The proper version is: don't take anything to a festival that you're not prepared to lose.

#4 Luke Edwards

Luke Edwards

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:29 PM

ok guys thanx and will remember this!!!

#5 Delboy71

Delboy71

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:39 PM

The proper version is: don't take anything to a festival that you're not prepared to lose.

Sound advice!! :good:

#6 Gothenburg83

Gothenburg83

DON'T THINK. JUST LET IT FLOW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:58 PM

Sorry that's what I meant :sorry:

#7 Flaminglippy

Flaminglippy

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:08 PM

hi im going to my first festival, creamfields 2012, and dont know if i should padlock my tent???? if i dont anyone can get in and if i do it might look like i have something worth taking!! any vetrans advice would be appreciated thanx.

I wouldnt chap. Suggests you've got something in it worth nicking. Basically keep everything on you you want to take home. Things like mobiles, wallets etc, if you take them out of your pockets at night suggest you either keep at the bottom of your sleeping bag or underneath your airbed by your head.

Personally, I've only been robbed once at a festival, out of probably about 40+ (and I was asleep in the tent at the time) so odds are against it happening...

Have a great weekend...you won't ever have a better time than being at a festival with your mates!

#8 pbasonuk

pbasonuk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:19 AM

Hi

Three bits of valuable advice for you here.

1). Dont take anything valuable with you. You must have a crappy old phone in a draw somewhere so put your sim in that for the weekend, no one is going to rob a crappy old phone that only makes calls! Keep Your cash in a pocket at all times if you dont want to do that then scatter your money and valuables into different old used socks around the tent. No thief is going to go through your dirty docks.

2). If you want some security while not at your tent, take a small roll of barbed wire with you., spread this over your floor between the outer tent and inner tent. It will be dark and even with a torch they wont be concentrating on the floor and they will either trip up on it and get tangled or put their hand straight on it, they fucker wont go any further inside I can tell you. It works a treat for me every festival I go to.

There is barbed wire that comes in a collapsible form so you can easily just push it together when you get back in the tent as you know it can be done. No theif is going to even attempt to try and get that out the way I promise.

3). Find a better festival. Creamfields is not really a festival to be honest. If you want dance music but want a proper festival feel then get yourself to Glade. You cant beat it. Creamfields is full of dodgy fuckers.

Edited by pbasonuk, 23 March 2012 - 11:22 AM.

#9 Delboy71

Delboy71

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:54 PM

3). Find a better festival. Creamfields is not really a festival to be honest. If you want dance music but want a proper festival feel then get yourself to Glade. You cant beat it. Creamfields is full of dodgy fuckers.

A tad harsh my friend........

#10 DisİoDan

DisİoDan

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:32 PM

Padlocking a tent is on parr with going to mcdonalds for a salad.. or going to a prostitute for a cuddle... its piontless!.. just cary anything worth while on you and you clobber is sound in there on its own usually

#11 benc

benc

Fvieatsl Ferak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:12 AM

2). If you want some security while not at your tent, take a small roll of barbed wire with you.,

. Creamfields is full of dodgy fuckers.

oh the irony :lol:

#12 Delboy71

Delboy71

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:13 AM

oh the irony :lol:

:lol:

Good spot mate, i'd missed that!!