Latest Festivals News

Festival Search

eFestivals Camping Store

Recent Topics

Photo

Green Day

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
51 replies to this topic

#21 craigb

craigb

God like Genius

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:13 PM

Looking more like Florence by process of elimination, the Cure will be the next one to fall on Monday when they get announced for Latitude, the ultimate headliners ;)

Reading side of things been building it way to much on facebook, pictures and website. Whereas the leeds team been been keeping more low key. If you check the updates for reading facebook compared to leeds you would think its totally different line ups

#22 Vieuphoria

Vieuphoria

lives in a field

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,715 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:13 PM

YES YES YES! No Green Day!

#23 Vieuphoria

Vieuphoria

lives in a field

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,715 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:15 PM

Please. Be. The. Cure.

#24 Yellow_Fellow

Yellow_Fellow

(◡‿◡✿)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,810 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:15 PM

Reading side of things been building it way to much on facebook, pictures and website. Whereas the leeds team been been keeping more low key. If you check the updates for reading facebook compared to leeds you would think its totally different line ups

It's the same person.

#25 jump

jump

"That's what I said"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,632 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:17 PM

I'd have to know when the tour is announced to know when the tix go on sale - and I don't, sorry.

No worries and thanks anyway.

#26 MUFCBoothy

MUFCBoothy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:19 PM

This saddens me, had my hopes up for either blur/Green Day. Ah well, it's not all about the music is it?

#27 Vieuphoria

Vieuphoria

lives in a field

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,715 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:20 PM

at Reading? yes it kind of is :P

#28 BTK1609

BTK1609

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:23 PM

Oh well. Will still be a quality weekend with the Foo's and Kasabian. I just hope the Black Keyes are there :drinks:

#29 Hart Attack

Hart Attack

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:28 PM

Well shit. Would have been too good to be true really, to get Green Day and Foo Fighters. Still, I'll definitely be going to that arena tour.

Please don't let Florence be the final headliner, would be such a disappointment and set the tone for another indie day on main... hoping for Linkin Park, System Of A Down, Slipknot or Rage Against The Machine now, as unlikely as they may be. While I'm at it, might as well add a special one-off Nine Inch Nails performance to the wishlist.

#30 JaHawk2009

JaHawk2009

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:30 PM

Aaaand now I'm back to being tempted by a day ticket for Foos. Oh well.

#31 mrtourette

mrtourette

purple monkey dishwasher

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,802 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:32 PM

Put Florence up against ATDI in the NME or Mark Lanegan in the FR would solve this quandry.

#32 Benj

Benj

Why you little!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:57 PM

I must have missed the moment when FATM became big enough to headline Reading, are they really that popular with the Reading demographic??

#33 lharris92

lharris92

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,174 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:00 PM

ah well, will see them on their next tour then!

#34 mrtourette

mrtourette

purple monkey dishwasher

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,802 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:08 PM

I must have missed the moment when FATM became big enough to headline Reading, are they really that popular with the Reading demographic??

Possibly, it would depend on whether FR want to try and reach a slightly different audience.

I think that Florence (2009), Mumford (2010) and Ed Sheeran (2011) absolutely packed out their respective tents so maybe that's given FR the impression that the R&L demographic has changed or that they've underestimated the popularity of 'poppier' acts in the past few years.

#35 pink_triangle

pink_triangle

lives in a field

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,496 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:17 PM

In my opinion neither green day of the foo fighters have released a good album for over 10 years. I think both can put on a decent show but are coasting to a large degree. If both agreed not to play any music released after 2000 then I could possibly change my mind.

#36 Vieuphoria

Vieuphoria

lives in a field

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,715 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:23 PM

I agree with that.... For Foo Fighters at least?

#37 lharris92

lharris92

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,174 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:25 PM

i dunno, with the foos, they have good at best albums with some tunes that stand out. i know that doesn't make amazing albums but there has been the odd gem in all of the albums since 2000

#38 JWC126

JWC126

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:25 PM

Might just be me, but I thought Wasting Light was top class. Don't particularly love any post-Dookie output from GD, though.

#39 Benj

Benj

Why you little!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:45 PM

Possibly, it would depend on whether FR want to try and reach a slightly different audience.

I think that Florence (2009), Mumford (2010) and Ed Sheeran (2011) absolutely packed out their respective tents so maybe that's given FR the impression that the R&L demographic has changed or that they've underestimated the popularity of 'poppier' acts in the past few years.

There's a massive difference between filling out a tent when you're the next big thing and being able to sell a festival.

I suspect I may be massively out of touch but I just can't comprehend how FR could consider her/ them as a name to top their bill, Franz, Razorlight are the most recent equivalents I guess, I would say both would have been bigger with the Reading crowd then than FATM are now.

#40 pink_triangle

pink_triangle

lives in a field

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,496 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:46 PM

I personally find Grohl has become very lazy as a songwriter, whenever I hear a new single its never offensive, however they do all seem to mould into the same song to me. Theres no energy like there were in the early albums. Admitedly I havent listened to any of the last few albums as the mediocre quality of what I have heard has put me off.