Electric Picnic 2012

Guest pothead pixie

Yeh the Cure definitely seem to have Stradbally marked in that map of theirs and the Log and Mexicola from the EP forum are giving strong hints of them too. Im really hoping for Aphex Twin, seeing that Forbidden Fruit got him last year and there is no Oxegen this year, he is long overdue a visit to EP as would love to see him at a later time like the early hours of Sunday morning, perhaps a surprse set in the Afterburner armed with all his lazers, that woud be KABOOM!

Edited by pothead pixie

Line up announced: The Cure, Sigur Rós, Elbow, Grizzly Bear, Orbital, Christy Moore, The Roots, Hot Chip, Glen Hansard, The xx, Metronomy, The Horrors, Azealia Banks, Roots Manuva, Bell X1, Staff Benda Bilili, Milagers, Ed Sheeran, Alabama Shakes, Cranes, Little Roy, Land Lovers, Baxter Dury, Jonathan Wilson, Solar Bears, John Digweed, Fatoumata Diawara, Willis Earl Beal, Lanterns on the Lake plus many many more to be announced.

Please join my facebook campaign to get Aphex Twin for the Electric Picnic, the festival will be on its eighth year, this year, yet he has not played. Plenty of his label mates and associates have though such as Chris Cunningham, Flying Lotus, Autechre etc... Throw in a comment or a like on the page, cheers.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/306301782765054/

I don't know much about this festival but I'm tempted. What are the chances of another "big" headliner act being added? The Cure/The Killers/Sigur Ros is pretty awesome and I think one more big one would make it worth the money!

• 4 weeks later...

Just wondering now when the next announcement will be, I figure that there might be one next Wednesday for April, a splurge of names once a month. Still hoping to generate the interest of Declan Forde (EP booker for POD) to book the mighty Aphex Twin and for all I know they have probably been trying to get him for years. Anyway please visit my page if you want to see Aphex Twin at the Electric Picnic. https://www.facebook.com/groups/306301782765054/325386420856590/?notif_t=group_activity

• 2 weeks later...

hi, never been to electric picnic, but everything is looking fine... and the line up gorgeous, maybe travelling from switzerland... :-) at what time tickets usually are selling out? is it an option to stay in a hotel in portlaoise and travel by bus/taxi from/to the festival? how about security, is everything safe there or are there any riots going on...

hi, never been to electric picnic, but everything is looking fine... and the line up gorgeous, maybe travelling from switzerland... :-) at what time tickets usually are selling out? is it an option to stay in a hotel in portlaoise and travel by bus/taxi from/to the festival? how about security, is everything safe there or are there any riots going on...

• 2 weeks later...

New additions to the Electric Picnic 2012, some nice tasty ones there: Patti Smith; Richard Hawley; Crystal Castles; SBTRKT; Grandaddy; Squarepusher; The Maccabees; Gavin Friday; Van Dyke Parks; Michael Kiwanuka; The Jezabels; Dublin Gospel Choir; Eagle And The Worm; In Tua Nua & many more to be announced.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Selling 2 Early Bird Loyalty tickets at face value 175 E plus we also have a room booked ay the Portlaoise Heritage Hotel for 3 nights 31/8 to 2/9 another early booking confirmed at 222.70 E for the 3 nights. Based in Scotland and have been to EP for the last 2 years but have to attend a family wedding this year (unplanned) !!!!!!!

• 5 weeks later...