Festival Search

eFestivals Camping Store

Recent Topics

Photo

Playfest 2012

playfest 2012 festival norfolk norwich

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
37 replies to this topic

#21 Newcastle Brown

Newcastle Brown

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:16 PM

They say soon but I'm hoping in the next week. They are still having band Play offs for the right to perform so we will see.

#22 hapnin26

hapnin26

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:58 PM

More announcements! Little Comets also playing the Main Stage on Saturday, with Scroobius Pip, Natty, and Lonsdale Boys Club playing the Main Stage on Sunday.

Roots Manuva confirmed to headline the Big Top Stage on the Saturday, with The Correspondents headlining the Big Top Stage on the Sunday.

Also announced to be performing: Toddla T, Zinc, Shy FX, Rory McVicar, Federation of the Disco Pimp, Boat to Row.

Sunday Main Stage headliner still to be announced, alongside Sunday Main Stage support.

#23 hapnin26

hapnin26

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:24 PM

Any thoughts on those announcements? Personally I think they're great, shaping up to be an awesome festival, already looking miles better than last year. Scroobius Pip is amazing live, and Roots Manuva will be great aswell.

Edited by hapnin26, 15 April 2012 - 12:54 PM.

#24 Gingerbond

Gingerbond

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:37 PM

Feeder Headlining on The Sunday.

#25 Newcastle Brown

Newcastle Brown

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:16 PM

Absolutely fantastic cant wait, Shy Fx, The Big Pink, Feeder.... plus loads more its going to be amazing!!!

#26 LondonTom

LondonTom

Raging Alcoholic

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,546 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:50 PM

Thats amazing! tempting me more and more!

#27 Newcastle Brown

Newcastle Brown

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:56 AM

Its great!

#28 Newcastle Brown

Newcastle Brown

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:06 PM

So are any of you experienced festivals goers?

#29 Semprini

Semprini

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:53 PM

Final line up announcement tonight at 7pm!!! I'm going both days anyway but won't be camping as only live in Norwich.

In answer to your question Newcastle Brown, I've been going to festivals for over 20 years now and have been fortunate enough to attend them in both Europe and the States. I only do one a year now (Pukkelpop in Belgium) but, as my wife is due in August, I can't go this summer so it's Play Fest instead. I'm also friends with a couple of the guys who organise it so want to go along to show my support.

#30 hapnin26

hapnin26

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:42 PM

Sub Focus confirmed to be headlining the Dance Arena! Also announced for the Dance Arena are: Mele, DJ EZ, Foamo, B.Traits, Bondax ​and Urban Knights

Also announced to be playing on the Main Stage: Fuel Fandango, The Tracks.

Also announced for the Big Top Stage: Missing Andy, Sonic Boom Six, The Vinyl Junkies.

#31 LondonTom

LondonTom

Raging Alcoholic

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,546 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:36 PM

O_o SUB FOCUS!!!

#32 hapnin26

hapnin26

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:24 PM

This is the almost complete (bar 1 or 2 acts) lineup:

Posted Image

Also playing but not on the poster: Fuel Fandango on the Main Stage, The Kabeedies headlining the Big Top on the Friday night.

#33 LondonTom

LondonTom

Raging Alcoholic

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,546 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:15 PM

Is the 1st just camping in the grounds then? Well decent for 80 quid, would go but field day and apple cart are that weekend, and probs edges out being cheaper for me overall but with no camping :P

#34 Semprini

Semprini

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:13 AM

Is the 1st just camping in the grounds then?

At least two of the stages (Big Top and Tipi) are open to campers on the 1st June. I'll try and find out if there's anything else going on.

#35 LondonTom

LondonTom

Raging Alcoholic

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,546 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:51 AM

At least two of the stages (Big Top and Tipi) are open to campers on the 1st June. I'll try and find out if there's anything else going on.

Ahh i see, thats orite then!

#36 hapnin26

hapnin26

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:03 PM

The Big Top, Tipi Stage, Asylum Stage and the Dance Arena will all be open on the Friday night as far as I know, so there's plenty to do after setting up your tent.

Can't quite contain my excitement for this, last year was brilliant, and this year looks 10 times better.

#37 hapnin26

hapnin26

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:59 PM

Weekend camping tickets have nearly sold out, and there is a cut off for weekend camping tickets on the 14th of this month, so if you haven't got your ticket I'd get it now!

Play Fest was also listed as one of the top family festivals by The Sunday Times!

#38 Semprini

Semprini

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:09 PM

Looking forward to heading to this on Sunday - got a load of friends playing in the Tipi and, of course, Sub Focus to finish the night off!!!