Guest hapnin26

New festival in it's 2nd year, set in the beautiful (...) rural surroundings of Norfolk. 1st-3rd June. Check it out here: http://www.playfest.co.uk/

Part of the lineup gets announced tomorrow at noon, and the £65 early-bird weekend tickets go off sale on March 1st, and are replaced by £80 tickets.

Features a mix of local talent and big names bands, across 4 stages (Main, 2nd, Dance, and Acoustic). Last years line-up included: The Futureheads, Frank Turner, Darwin Deez, The King Blues, Get Cape Wear Cape Fly, The Kabeedies, Little Comets, Max Raptor and Adam Ficek (Babyshambles) amongst others.

Check the facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Play-Fest-Official/229068983772586 - tomorrow at noon for part of the line-up announcement.

Part of the line-up has been announced: http://www.playfest.co.uk/

• Ash (Saturday Headliner)

• The Pigeon Detectives

• Reverend & the Makers

• The Big Pink

• Scroobius Pip

• Little Comets

• Roots Manuva

• Natty

• Tellison

• Spector

• Tripwire

• Lonsdale Boys Club

• The Correspondents

• Ria Ritchie

• Juan Zelada

• Dingus Khan

• Toddla T

• Shy FX

overall I don't think that's too bad, still the Sunday headliner to be announced and the rest of the Mainstage bands, and also the Dance Arena. Meant to be announced this week sometime.

Edited by hapnin26

Facilities last year were lacking a bit to be honest, but I can't say I expected anything other as it was only it's first year. I know from speaking to a organiser of the festival that they'll have more toilets on site (only about 6 last year...) and more food options, which is good to hear. It got shortlisted for 'Best New Festival' and came third last year at the UK Festival Awards, so it couldn't have been that bad.

As for the crowd, there was a wide mix of age groups, a lot of teens getting pissed in the middle of their exam period (as you'd expect with any festival), but overall there was a wide mix. A few kids, alot of teens and alot of young to middle aged adults.

Edited by hapnin26

I litter picked last year, although I did that I really enjoyed it. I'm going again this year with a load of friends and really cant wait for it. Although it says on the website each individual is restricted to one crate or beer, or one spirit or two bottles of wine, which is a little bit of a downer if true.

I'm friends with a couple of the guys who organise this and I saw one of them on Saturday night. He told me they've got loads of plans in place to improve facilities this year, as well as more music, entertainment and food options. I couldn't get who they've booked as the other headliner out of him but he did say they'll release more names soon. I do know though that it won't be Ed Sheeran or the Vaccines.

I didn't go last year but am planning on doing at least the Saturday this time round. It's only 20 miles down the road from me so no excuse really!

Possible headline acts I've heard: Maximo Park, Bombay Bicycle Club, Feeder, The Maccabees (can't see this myself, but there we go).

In terms of other bands performing on the sunday, I've heard: Cage the Elephant, Roots Manuva, The Subways, Mystery Jets, Royksopp, Tribes, Ben Howard, The Noisettes, Wu Lyf.

And this is what I've heard for the Dance Arena/Tent: Subfocus, SBTRKT, Disclosure, Little Dragon.

The ones I'm fairly sure about are: Cage the Elephant, Mystery Jets, Roots Manuva, SBTRKT.

• 2 weeks later...

More announcements! Little Comets also playing the Main Stage on Saturday, with Scroobius Pip, Natty, and Lonsdale Boys Club playing the Main Stage on Sunday.

Roots Manuva confirmed to headline the Big Top Stage on the Saturday, with The Correspondents headlining the Big Top Stage on the Sunday.

Also announced to be performing: Toddla T, Zinc, Shy FX, Rory McVicar, Federation of the Disco Pimp, Boat to Row.

Sunday Main Stage headliner still to be announced, alongside Sunday Main Stage support.

Any thoughts on those announcements? Personally I think they're great, shaping up to be an awesome festival, already looking miles better than last year. Scroobius Pip is amazing live, and Roots Manuva will be great aswell.

Edited by hapnin26

• 3 weeks later...