Rock En Seine

PM2010

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 2 Rock en Seine 3 day tickets and camping pass for sale.

Unfortunately I cant make it, so if anyone wants to make me a reasonable offer for the tickets send me a message.

They are e tickets, so can email pictures for authenticity.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Really enjoyed this festival last year, such good atmosphere, food and weather.

Didn't see one fight or any trouble.

I'm considering going back next year, but can anyone recommend any other festivals in Europe where you can stay in a hotel but still be within walking distance of the site?

Really enjoyed this festival last year, such good atmosphere, food and weather.

Didn't see one fight or any trouble.

I'm considering going back next year, but can anyone recommend any other festivals in Europe where you can stay in a hotel but still be within walking distance of the site?

I've stayed in hotels or appartments within a half an hour's walk of benicassim, sonar, primavera and optimus alive - if you book early and search around you can normally find something.

• 4 weeks later...

we always stay at hotels :beach: last year we stayed at Hultsfred Festival in Sweden in 2min walking distance in an appartment. at rock im park there are many hotels in walking distance (we used to stay at the hilton, but there you have to book early), at zürich openair at the end of august, you can even walk from the airport to the festival (there are hotels there as well). then as well as mentioned FIB (but the near hotels are very expensive), primavera in barcelona (you have to book early to get a hotel in walking distance for a reasonable price). Frequency Festival in austria is in walking distance from the center of sankt pölten with many hotels. at main square festival we had to walk 10min to get to the hotel. just a few...

• 3 weeks later...

hopefully there'll be a lineup update next week after reading and leeds announce a bit more.

as its on the same weekend the lineups do tend to consist of a lot of the same bands playing, so reading and leeds will def. be up to not having rock en seine rant anything out before they do, but who knows.

Not tooooo quickly i.e. not within 2-3 days or so, it won't be like trying to get tix for stone roses at heaton park or anything similar.

but they are limited so I wouldn't leave it 'til the week before.
give it a few weeks after they are released which is on 21 March and they'll be gone.
New bands also to be announced on the 21st.

Not tooooo quickly i.e. not within 2-3 days or so, it won't be like trying to get tix for stone roses at heaton park or anything similar.

but they are limited so I wouldn't leave it 'til the week before.

give it a few weeks after they are released which is on 21 March and they'll be gone.

New bands also to be announced on the 21st.

Cheers

Yeah, i saw that they all went on sale then, was worried I'd have to get everything organised really quickly. Looks like a decent alternative to Reading, share a fair few acts with a few lesser known/european acts chucked in to check out. Half the price as well :P

What's the atmosphere like?

exactly! half the price and the half the amount of knobs :)

atmosphere is great, it's all a bit more "arty" with mini exhibitions of photographers and great food stalls and 1-2 other things running in the scope of the festival or that are sort of mini-additions towards the festival, the people are all OK, never had any trouble with anyone at any time there. very friendly neighbours at the campsite etc. everybody's just there to have a good time and that's it.

BUT: speak french, don't even think about english :) thoug I guess that's nothing new.
oh and if you buy a tshirt, always try it on directly, they often give you girls tshirts...

exactly! half the price and the half the amount of knobs :)

atmosphere is great, it's all a bit more "arty" with mini exhibitions of photographers and great food stalls and 1-2 other things running in the scope of the festival or that are sort of mini-additions towards the festival, the people are all OK, never had any trouble with anyone at any time there. very friendly neighbours at the campsite etc. everybody's just there to have a good time and that's it.

BUT: speak french, don't even think about english :) thoug I guess that's nothing new.

oh and if you buy a tshirt, always try it on directly, they often give you girls tshirts...

Sounds awesome :)

Foals & NIN announced on Thursday would be awesome, then I can work on convincing a few mates :P

Apparently Biffy are playing, according to Buzz En Seine?

Looking back no one has played both Main Square and Rock en Seine? I know this is common with festivals close together (V and Leeds for example) to have agreements but would seem strange that festivals weeks apart have them. They are geographically close I suppose.

Is this a coincidence?

The reason I ask is Biffy play Main Square so seem to be a strange rumour.

check it out: www.rockenseine.com 14 names announced.
NIN, Franz F., Tame Impala, Alt-J, Kendrick Lamar...
Camping tix are also on sale - 60 euros for a 2 person spot (if anyone needs infos on this 2 or 4 person spot stuff just ask)

and biffy are of course rumoured, they're playing in germany the weekend before and headlining R&L the same weekend. I'm not sure how string the rumour is though. hey might want to keep it at R&L for that weekend as it's their first ever headlining shows at those festivals.

Edited by Operator

first off, the announcement. I agree, it's got some good names I'm looking forward too especially NIN and Franz the rest is ok but didn't get me jumping around in circles. there are four stages with at least 5 groups per day, so there's a quite a few names to come.

camping:
jep, don't thinking of "normal" camping at rock en seine...
at arrival you get welcomed by some nice french girls (seriously!) who take you to your allocated spot. jep, it's true.

no camping where you want or whatever, the spots are marked with uhhh...well you know the stuff they use to mark football pitch lines and what not. kinda funny the first time round - all the tents in any orderly line aso.

but don't worry, if your tents a bit bigger, longer, wider than the spot you get just arrange things with your neighbours. the two-person spots are really for two-person tents as well. I have a three to four person one but nobody mattered. the french are quite cool at festivals as said before. if you had the same in germany people'd probably call the police if you're 5 cm over their line :)

to the breakfast bit: i haven't had that yet but don't expect full english or anything similar, it's coffee and croissants (at least thats what i remember). who knows they might have stocked up meanwhile or I just didn't look properly.
similar in any cheaper hotel you go to in paris though. I've never had anything more than croissants and coffee/juice where I've been.

Edited by Operator

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...