'The relief you felt when Florence wasn't announced' thread

Guest Dave The Hedgehog

Today's announcement of New Order as headliners was a tiny, tiny, tiny bit anti-climactic for me. Great band, great history, looking forward to seeing them again, but it wasn't a surprise and I think announcing the bands last week has made it feel somehow less special.

...but I have to say, thank GOD they haven't announced Florence + The Machine...

...Yet.

I'd take Florence's out of tune caterwauling over some dreary, white boy nonsense like Radiohead any day. She can't sing, but at least she'd bring a few costume changes.

So, i reckon the other 2 headliners may, or may not, involve 2 of the following:

Dr Dre

Florence

Pulp

Dolly

Pixies

Elton

Chose your favourites wisely, kids.

I'm glad to say that I think there's absolutely no chance in the world of Elton John ever headlining a UK festival (well, perhaps he'd do Glastonbury). And Dolly Parton at Bestival would be be some pleasant afternoon entertainment, not a headliner surely?

I'd take Florence's out of tune caterwauling over some dreary, white boy nonsense like Radiohead any day. She can't sing, but at least she'd bring a few costume changes.

So, i reckon the other 2 headliners may, or may not, involve 2 of the following:

Dr Dre

Florence

Pulp

Dolly

Pixies

Elton

Chose your favourites wisely, kids.